Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Hire of pressure washer
« on: July 11, 2008, 04:14:02 pm »
I'm researching hiring a pressure washer for a few jobs that I have coming up in a few weeks.

I've rung round a few hire centres and got a few ideas. The most common machine spec seems to be:

pressure - 140 to 150 bar
flow - 12 to 14 litres/minute
power - Honda 5.5 or 6.5 petrol

Given that the jobs are fairly large domestic patios/drives, is a machine like this going to be up to doing the job in a reasonable time?

The prices I've had quoted are in the region of £40 to £55 per week. Does that look right?

Andy Foster

Re: Hire of pressure washer
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 05:15:05 pm »
That seems incredibly cheap to me to be honest, but if you can get one for that price then nice one!
I would personally prefer a slightly more powerful machine but with the same amount of flow.
Does the hire shop hire flat surface cleaners too, because you will struggle to do a good job with just a lance unless you are prepared to spend a long time doing it.

Good luck

Andy

BDCS

Re: Hire of pressure washer
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 10:04:52 pm »
Wally, your web site gives photos and states the your experience and equipment gives good results ???? Why not sub it out and then get the right kit for yourself ? A 6hp petrol is'nt really enough you will need 13 hp or 10 in diesel to run a fsc . You could get away with a turbo nozzle at first