Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wightsurf

ultrasonic cleaning anyone use it here
« on: January 21, 2008, 09:06:04 pm »
I have been looking into cleaning blinds and think this may be the best way to go about.Or have i got it wrong .Any help please.

lands

Re: ultrasonic cleaning anyone use it here
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 09:35:11 pm »
Blinds are easy to clean. Feather dusters misted with almost anything moist and they can up a treat. 

wightsurf

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 09:55:07 pm »
I have never cleaned them before does this method clean fabric blinds like the ones in conservatories?

Thanks
Martin

Jason Hedges

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:56:55 pm »
Hi Martin,

Did a carpet cleaning job for a lady once who told me she put her vertical 'fabric' blinds in her washing machine. Aparently they unclipped and cleaned up a treat every time. Considering they were white and her and hubby smoked 100 fAgs a day between them looked good to me.

Not sure about ultrasonic though.

carpet guy

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 11:01:21 pm »
Washing machine at 30 -40 degrees some put them in a pillow case to reduce abrasion on the edges.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 11:12:26 pm »
Unclip and soak them in the bath as we used to a Franklins and charge her for clean and rehang.

Shaun

Jason Hedges

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 11:21:55 pm »
Shaun did you get in the bath at the same time with a copy of penthouse? ;D

wightsurf

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 09:26:48 pm »
Thanks for the replys i've not been online for a few days. Not sure if i will take the blind cleaning on, bit worried i muck it up but thanks .

Martin

psg

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 08:24:56 pm »
Hi Guys,

We manufacture vertical & roller blinds & sub our venitians. The problem with blinds is a bit like axminster and wilton carpets you need to be sure what your cleaning and any reaction. We have a 12ft ultrasonic tank  8 transducers & does the biz well. The modern fabrics are plastic & pretty well sealed good cleaning achived. If your going to clean the vanes why don't you clean the headrails also 20 seconds in the tank and a spray of silicone spray when dry.

psg