Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stevie G

Re: 88ft WFP
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2008, 07:44:58 pm »
Jeff

It's excellent for you to be able to reach up to that height and you should be commended for it.  I'm sure you're the first person to have cleaned at such dizzying heights.

But what did you say in the opening post about cherry pickers being banned?  There seems to be a CP in the picture.  Do you mean, the height that was reached by yourself cannot be replicated by a cherry picker, in this particular instance or generally speaking?

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2008, 08:13:59 pm »
Jeff

Are you still able to clean at that height using only half a litre a min? What’s the technique?

Nick
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

dai

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2008, 08:14:19 pm »
Well done Jeff, you have certainly given the so called big manufacturers something to think about.
Unger, Brodex etc should be employing you to do their R&D. dAI

Mo

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2008, 08:21:53 pm »
 :o :o :o :o Well done

Mo 8)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2008, 09:24:32 pm »
But what did you say in the opening post about cherry pickers being banned?  There seems to be a CP in the picture.

Think I can answer this one for Jeff, the CP'ers were doing low level maintenance.

Do you mean, the height that was reached by yourself cannot be replicated by a cherry picker, in this particular instance or generally speaking?

Jeff never said that, the reason he used a big pole wasnt to prove a point to Cherry Picker users but to get the job done quickly without a CP because they werent allowed at heights, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

zeusjazmin

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2008, 09:37:19 pm »
how did you manage to get the pole up to its hight?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2008, 09:41:52 pm »
I think it was something like this, Jeff can correct me if I'm wrong:

6 tapered sections

9 exensions incl the f16 section

so thats 15 sections, 14 from an Ultra-lite and the last from a f16 fishing pole, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2008, 09:44:21 pm »
And I would guess that to assemble it to that height he did it his usual way by adding extensions from the ground while sending the pole higher and higher, I suppose he may have needed help but Jeffs very confident assembling modulars, Luke

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2008, 09:52:28 pm »
Sorry for delay, I am flat out trying to reply multi forum, email and phone, its hectic.
CPs are allowed to be used by the contractors but not by subcontractors (us) they used one that smashed a load of paving that cost the ££ to replace so stipulated no CPs craddles etc.  Could it be done by pole so we said we would try, not realising the heights properly. The some internal courtyard sections where a 75ft x 5mx5m width and breadth , vertical challenging initial builders clean that was covered in building/traffic wax and needed doing 4 times, pain.  That again Cps could not get near- I dont know where these architechts are born !! Thanks for explaining Luke. The CP in the pic was doing low level maintainance and I thought it made an interesting pic with it in, we could have just as easily excluded it.
Nick it was an initial clean so I upped the water flow to about 1L/min Mick did most of the external only of  the balconies from the balconies with  my Backpack, because of other safety considerations. Although some of the windows are able to open in they (all the contractors) couldnt even put an arm out to clean the small fixed pane below or they were off the job. Another reason for the poles. V.V.V. Safety concious.
Alan Yes totally confident it wouldnt break-honestly. I have used fishing poles for 2 years 5 months.
Bluez, results are the same at any level.
John, oh boy yes moving it from side to side is hairy at that height- I took of a few extensions to bring it down a bit then moved it along the wall.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2008, 09:57:12 pm »
No didnt have help assembling, as you say I am used to it. But I did have the odd occasion that the young lad in the yellow lid handed me the extensions, when he wasnt Micks assistant. He wants Mick to get him one instead of the glass fibre one they currently use.
No tricks I am being as honest with you as I can. Someone mentioned getting it in the Guiness, but to be honest I much prefer the opinion of you guys.

jonah

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2008, 10:00:41 pm »
As Jim royle once or actually several said " 88 feet my *a**e !

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2008, 10:02:47 pm »
 :)

pjulk

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2008, 10:06:30 pm »
Christ to high for me i would worry in case it started tipping sideways how would you stop it.

Now wonder how high you could clean with a backpack

Paul

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2008, 10:25:33 pm »
Jeff

would you do it again?

If someone else, (experienced of course), offered to swap places with you and become the person holding the WF pole, would you choose to be the person watching and assisting with the pole assembly or the person using the pole again?

Jeff Brimble

Re: 88ft WFP New
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2008, 10:35:44 pm »
Good question ! If I was paid enough, yes !  or if I had to break the record again. I wouldnt take that paticular job again, but it was the challenge that made me drive from Wales to Sheffield twice, once started I had to finish and had to go back for the second full day. We didnt realise the height, Mick told me it was  78ft  ::) I only saw a few pics.
When I get a bit older than my 57 years say 70,  I may have to take on a young lad. Once you get these polesin your hands they seem to take you over as a slave, but wow they are exciting and easy to use when treated with total respect.