Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blackbushe Windows

Backpack for occasional use?
« on: January 21, 2008, 05:21:07 pm »
What do you think - is backpack any good for trad who needs wfp on occasion? Would it be worth cost and set up time involved?

Comments please.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

cybersye

Re: Backpack for occasional use?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 05:36:54 pm »
Depends on how occasional I suppose. But I'd say yes, though when you have it you'll find yourself using it more and more until you want a van mount. Your tds in the water is probably quite high being in Hampshire so I reckon using just di would not be cost effective enough in the long run. a small ro would provide you with enough water and reckon you would be able to do it all for under £500
hope thats helped  :-\
Simon

NWH

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 05:40:20 pm »
Once you use any kind of WFP you`ll go the whole hogg,it won`t be long before your buying a new van.

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 05:41:00 pm »
Cheers Simon. Was thinking for those windows above cons, chalet windows on roofs etc. Don't have many but feel something more would be helpful.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983

LWC

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 05:44:31 pm »
good idea, but once you catch the bug, youll be doing the odd few more windows, then all the ups, then all the down, then a new van, then youll be buying a ionics system

NWH

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 05:45:39 pm »
I don`t know about the last bit lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 07:44:38 pm »
Hi Peter,

First of all.  I like your simple web site ;)

Water Fed Pole is not as simple as Backpack and pole and away you go. Doing the job it is ;)  But it's preparing and supplying the water that takes up space and cost ???

However, once you have set up your filter etc. it takes very little maintaining.
In my opinion, a backpack and pole is the most efficient and easiest way to use Water Fed Pole..........but...........you, like your water system, have to set it up right ;)

I'll post more later................................The Wife Calleth ;D ;D ;D

Not Perfect - But Honest

billygoat

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 08:00:09 pm »
I've been window cleaning for 27 years,I started using wfp 15 mnts ago on some hard to reach and top windows.

I now do about 70% of my work wfp and all I use is a backpack on a trolley,best move ever made.

About £500 to set it all up and you won't regret it,once you get over the initial learning curve.

Tim

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 08:51:11 pm »
Tim,

Where did you get your kit from?

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 09:01:04 pm »
I have a van mount and a backpack,i would not be without my backpack,it is ideal for a lot of the town houses i do,where there is no access apart from going through peoples houses. They are a good piece of kit.
Malcolm

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 09:05:35 pm »
Malcolm,

Did you get your kit locally or from a national supplier?

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983

Richy L

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 09:07:19 pm »
i am mostly trad. i do my commercial work wfp with a backpack, and some leaded areas. also when i have a lot of houses close together i use it. well worth buying, but someareas i am quicker doing it by hand. And its not that i haven't given it a chance, i have been using wfp for about 6 years now for the little jobs. i used to use my dads van system, but now im on my own i use a backpack with a di vessel.

Richy

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 09:16:47 pm »
I got most of my kit from Gardiner pole systems and cleaning spot, just picked up another backpack off ebay last saturday for £110 (bargin).
Malcolm

billygoat

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 12:08:10 am »
Peter,

I got my backpack from the USA seller on ebay,RO-MAN supplied the filter system(200 gpd).

The pole I use is just the unger 30' ali pole(this came from wintecs),its a real light easy to use pole, as long as you only use the first three sections(18' enough for most domestic work) its a bit of a beast to use with sections 4&5,so ifyou do alot of work over 20' I'd get a lighter stronger pole.

With just a few other bits like water butt ,25litre containers,brush,hose and various fittings it all came to about £500. The best £500 I've ever spent,wish I had found out about WFP a few more years ago!

Tim

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 05:52:20 pm »
Thanks guys - will keep those comments in mind.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983

zeusjazmin

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 09:21:08 pm »
i use a backpack on average 1 day per week and it does the job,although i couldnt be arsed using it every day on residential houses,just too much bother.