Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

which bank
« on: January 20, 2008, 08:14:57 pm »
which bank is the best for a busuness acount and do they charge and what type of account is it any advise cheers

jaykie

Re: which bank
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 08:23:08 pm »
ive just joined barclays business banking and its free for a year then 3 month after also if you pay £50 a month they do all you taxes too.
But only just opened last week so dont no much more

tonylee

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 08:41:00 pm »
hi
they are all the same imo.
they will all lend you money when you dont need it, but when you do they will have you jump through hoops for it.
the all seem to have two tellers on at lunch time that just talk to each other. mine, lloyds once offered to supply my gas and electric and were offended when i told them i wanted 6 apples and a orange.
i would go with your closest branch with the easyist parking as you may be there for a while.
tony

cat9921

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 09:08:35 pm »
Northern Rock  ;D ;D ;D

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 09:12:09 pm »
My local hsbc are great
having said that i have been with them for years
i was with Lloyd's before that
back in the eighty's the manager used to come and see me at my house and fix my borrowing for the next year, then we had the crash! ,and it was a case of
I WOULD LIKE YOU TO BE IN MY OFFICE AT 9
bAS***D S CUT MY BORROWING OVER NIGHT AN LEFT ME HIGH AND DRY

sorry rant over

they are all the same treat them with extreme care

bas***dS >:(

steve m

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 09:13:36 pm »
why have a business acount?. I have a no.1 and no.2 account , both personal

*Chris Browne

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 09:33:09 pm »
Abbey...........free business banking ;)

paulscotney

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 09:43:32 pm »
The Co-operative bank, F.S.B account is very good. Mainly free.
You have to join the Federation of Small Businesses which is, from memory about £100pa, but there are many benefits including the paying of  ALL extra accountants fees incurred when investigated by the taxman.

I never have been investigated but I know a couple of friends who have been and it costs a fortune in accountants fees just to prove your innocence.

m.b.s.

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 10:12:47 pm »
i was thinking yorkshire bank any one with any dealing with this bank

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 10:21:43 pm »
steve m is right why do you need a business account???(unless you are making huge amounts of cash i spose) i just have an ordinary current account and use it to pay all money into and for buying anything for work, makes accounts easy and no charges for paying chqs in

Count Phil

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 02:48:45 pm »
Just have an ordinary account.

Trust me, when the charges do come, the're much more than you would think. You get charged for EVERYTHING. Paying money in, pay per cheque, a percentage of cash paid in, paying with your debit card, having a direct debit, having a standing order, monthly 'management fee', drawing money out.

Set a second account up on the internet. Always pay cheques through the drop box, so they can't ask questions. Trust me, after my free year at lloyds, the second year is still discounted and cost 60 quid a MONTH. If it went into full price it would have been double that.

Stay clear.

scud

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 05:17:59 pm »
  Do not use the Abbey, there customer services are diabolical - I am in the process of moving my current, business, savings and my mortgage from Abbey.
  To cut a long story short I had over £1000 taken from my current account frauduantly, I contacted the company recieving the payment and they cancelled it, took Abbey 3 months and finally a solicitors letter to get my money back. I even made a formal complaint to them, but they never even bothered to call back although they are supposed to return a call to register your complaint within 2 days.

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 06:05:46 pm »
I use Abbey business account. It's free, I've found them very good.

P bowen made a very good case. However if your biz name is different to your own this isn't possible.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 06:14:08 pm »
Alliance & Leicester at the post office, free banking, free internet banking, pay in at any post office, open saturdays 9 - 12:30 and from 9am till 5:30pm during the week.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 06:23:03 pm »
Abbey...........free business banking ;)

AND They pay YOU interest!!

Do not use the Abbey, there customer services are diabolical - I am in the process of moving my current, business, savings and my mortgage from Abbey.
  To cut a long story short I had over £1000 taken from my current account frauduantly, I contacted the company recieving the payment and they cancelled it, took Abbey 3 months and finally a solicitors letter to get my money back. I even made a formal complaint to them, but they never even bothered to call back although they are supposed to return a call to register your complaint within 2 days.

Now I have had 2 problems with Abbey:

1.  My debit card was used fraudulently.  But they informed me and stopped most of the payments and refunded the one that went through with in a month.

2.  £350 worth of cheques went missing - ended up at Cahoot Bank!! - I eventually got them back and realised what had gone wrong so didn't pursue the matter

We bank EVERYTHING with Abbey and have found them to be generally good.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 06:28:01 pm »
Agree with Alliance & Leicester - always used them no problems or charges. Only have personal account. Just make sure you keep your own W/C accounts in good order.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk