Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

vivaro 013

Public Liability Insurance
« on: January 19, 2008, 06:28:12 pm »
my PUBLIC L insurance is up for  renewal,  had quotes from  A plan at £170 which includes tools + PLUS 1MILLON ? , is there any better deals out there

Re: Public Liability Insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 12:55:21 am »
my PUBLIC L insurance is up for  renewal,  had quotes from  A plan at £170 which includes tools + PLUS 1MILLON ? , is there any better deals out there
i am guessing you are cleaning only small domestic houses, 1m liability is not enough to cover many houses in the UK school ask for more (or should do) any many business' would turn there nose up I mil may sound 10 years ago maybe, but not now not even close IMO if you are doing more than little house I would rethink the 1M liability  ;)

Ian

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 11:38:48 am »
Not being funny, but what claim would surpass a million pounds on a domestic property whilst cleaning a window? What's the worst you could do? Drop your pole on a Porche? Trip up the customer? I can't see the job being very high risk - tell me otherwise.
I can't imagine many of the Trad guys around me having any insurance at all. ???

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 12:18:10 pm »
I notice that some don't include cover for the glass your working on - shock horror  :o
but is that really nessesary? Wouldn't the householders insurance cover that anyway? Public liability insurance is there to protect you from the claims from a member of the public the way i see it so the only large claim that i can think of to top a million would have to be some kind of medical cover. Mind you if you clean Lesley Ash's house you'll never have sufficient cover. What a farce!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 01:20:59 pm »
I have a cheap as chips policy £1000000 cover for around £60. I want to to insure my tools but have checked their site and they won't cover an unlocked van or a locked van at night unless it is alarmed with a specific catergory alarm. So maybe you get what you pay for.