Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gwrightson

Re: price for cleaning dining room chairs
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 06:20:18 pm »
coincidence,
I am going to price 80 dining chairs, along with the rest of the upholstery and carpets at a pub in Hull tommorow.
I have a funny feeling I wont get £18 per chair though ???  :'(

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 06:26:58 pm »
Robert perhaps you are under valueing your services at todays rate? just a thought.

Shaun

carpet guy

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 07:20:08 pm »
£200 per hour, Shaun, equates to approximately £4000 - £6000 per week, for moderate hours worked, our care business turnover is in line with the upper figure...............but it pays a wage to TEN carers, runs, two cars, an office  and still leaves a surplus of approx' £2800.

If you want to consider what constitutes VALUE consider what these 10 ladies deliver to peoples elderly relatives when others turn their back on them / pretend they don't exist.................kind of keeps things in perspective, at least, it does for me !

rob

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 07:41:55 pm »
Don't Joe Polish and Howard Partridge etc etc charge £1000's an hour? although charging £200 an hour is beyond me the US cleaners get away with it and it's far cheaper to live there.

But I was just pulling your leg (you old glaikit ;D)

Shaun

gwrightson

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 07:47:35 pm »
cant understand that reply, carpet guy :-\ ???  

what are you trying to say??

from my deductions,

£6000, 10 carers  say min £200 each  =       £4,000
another say£ 500  for n.i.s etc            =        £  500
2 cars running cost, purchace etc        =        £ 500
an office to run,with staff I guess        +        £  500

heaven Knows waht else, insurances , heating lighting etc ect cost  to be added  and yet you have a surplus of   £2, 800

doesnt add up to me, but never mind because I havnt got a clue what your on about

geoff

who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

gwrightson

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 07:48:50 pm »
   sorry shaun I dont believe you  ;D ;)

geoff

carpet guy

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 08:26:23 pm »
Shaun

American carpet cleaners charge a lot less than here, been following their forums for years. J P and marketing gurus are selling to people who desperately want their products.

Geoff

You are guessing.................carers earn around £6.50 an hour including NHI and most work 16 hours per week, we don't run Ferraris, so its nearer £400 for cars, office costs are £57 per week, inclusive, the two partners run the business, including the office. So its nearer £2400 gross.

Just doing a comparison on £200 an hour for cleaning compared with £6.50 an hour for looking after other peoples relatives.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 08:48:24 pm »
Like you Robert I follow the US boards but some do $1k a day, okay they are better sales poeple than us and also they sell alot of protector and multideal carpet cleaning they are alot more clued up, I know some would say they have bigger homes but also they have bigger rooms and most charge a set price per room ie 200 sq ft not like our room which are smaller so I think that one is a swings and round abouts.

As for £200 an hour well don't forget that is gross (no pun) so there may be alsorts of things to come out of that and the hard work of getting the job in the first place which may have taken 2 hours.

Shaun

carpet guy

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 09:15:19 pm »
Shaun

I love success and will always praise what I reckon to be " earned success " but the " get as much as you can " whether experienced, or not is what I regard as coyboyism and something to be discouraged, as it undermines the  integrity of the entire industry.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 09:21:04 pm »
I see your point but what you think of what an acceptable hourly rate will differ from others dependant on where they live, to what they have spent to get the job etc, experience in that field and so on.

We've stated on here before everyones circumstances are different that is why we cannot say what we can and cannot charge per hour.

Shaun

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2008, 09:24:15 pm »
I have been paid £200 an hour to stand still for photos ............... 10 years ago and 3 hours work, was way over the odds then ( I am not normally regarded as MODEL material  :o)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 09:38:06 pm »
Airfix ;D

Shaun

carpet guy

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2008, 09:55:34 pm »
I've also earned the occasional £120 fee, for locaton work with T V and  Advertising people, but gave it up, as it was costing me too much, to not be working.

Sure was'nt chosen for my looks.

Patti

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 03:45:58 pm »
To everyone,

wow! All I asked was for an idea of what you guys charge! 32 replies and a whole conversation about how much Americans earn. You lot are so funny.

Anyway, carpet guy.
Yes 50 chairs and two of us. But hubby doesn't really need me, I just go along to keep him company, help a bit and to give the customer the bill. Plus alot of our customers like a husband and wife team.

Thank you again everyone for the tips.

suzuki

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 06:39:23 pm »
suzuki

What difference does it make being Friday and are you seriously suggesting someone paid you £18 per chair, for dining chairs............that would equate to around £200 an hour .

I'm really finding some of the posts on here regards pricing are way beyond reality and it occurs to me, that the grasping, must have it now, and maximum return, for minimum effort which prevails in our modern society has arrived in this industry.

Problem is, they talk a good talk, not unlike their stetson wearing counterparts.

yo carpet guy dont spit your dummy out buddy :-* firstly having re read my quote i must say that i had made a mistake did not mean to put 18.00 and to be fair understand that you may have been suprised bud, it should have been x18 chairs :-[
 i also would like to point out that i have been in the cleaning business for 22 years and on my own for this year 13!!! i too have been and am often watching this site for a long long time .
GOING BACK TO THE CHAIRS ANY WAY JUST CLEAR THIS UP ;D TODAY I HAVE been awarded  the little job along with a carpet clean- i quoted the chairs to my client as im a subby at the cost of 7.00 per chair and my client as added a further 3.oo so they have been quoted 10.00 per chair! ;)
i would also like to inform you that i am no cowboy 8) and to prove you how good i am in my 13 years have had not had to return to a job and never had  one bad or non payment ;D
lol as for me working a friday night yes i make peple pay for me giving
up my friday night, nice if you can get it and i do  ;)
 lol RANT OVER BUDDY ;D

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2008, 07:27:07 pm »
carpet guy ........... was paid VERY good money to prance around as a Womble  :o

carpet guy

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2008, 08:01:13 pm »
When the wombles were around, Chris, I played squash 5 times a week and trained twice weekly in Kung Fu, so I was in good shape.

Today.............15 stone at 5' 9" I look like a womble.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2008, 08:50:17 pm »
Robert are you Tobermory?

Shaun