Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

wish i looked after my receipts a bit more
« on: December 23, 2007, 08:27:28 am »
oooo im awful, gonna have to start sorting myself out, got a bag full of receipts, not in any order. accountant wants them all in order...i know what im doing today lol

anyone else as organised as me  :) ;D

Dean Aspects

Re: wish i looked after my receipts a bit more
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 08:35:04 am »
Change the bag for a drawer thats me i leave it all for the wife she actually enjoys doing it so much so she does her brothers and before he retired her fathers aswell wierd woman!!

Dean

mick hay

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 08:39:44 am »
My accountants great...i send them in a bag, a right mess..lol. No problems, prob charges me for sorting them tho!!

LWC

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 08:42:05 am »
My accountants great...i send them in a bag, a right mess..lol. No problems, prob charges me for sorting them tho!!

to be fair he said if i did it, it would save me money, so no probs here, im not doing anything else lol!

corrr i spent alot last year. first year in wfp. ahhh the memories are coming flooding back

mick hay

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 08:54:17 am »
Had my bill from the tax man yesterday, what a lovely xmas present that was!

Im gonna be short on the "upfront" payment but have all thats owed from yr before.

Must be the worst idea ever, paying next yrs upfront, they shouldve looked after the money they had instead of throwing it at immigration and wars!!!

Then us workers would prob have a better deal  >:(

LWC

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 09:10:30 am »
oh just finished...not as muggled as i thought...few lol  ;D

Dean Aspects

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 09:21:39 am »
Half an hour to do your receipts you're good!!
 ;D

Dean

LWC

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 09:24:35 am »
they werent as messy as i though lol!

few were out of order but thats it

just gonna write em all down now

question actually, i bought my van last year for £X amount, the accountant said i can claim half of that this year...so in my expenses, do i write down thats what i spent?

Dean Aspects

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 09:34:14 am »
I put down how much the vehicle cost to buy then the accountant does the rest the ammount claimed each year drops depreciation or something i dont understand these things i am too simple  ;D  thats why i have an accountant

Dean

LWC

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 09:40:06 am »
I put down how much the vehicle cost to buy then the accountant does the rest the ammount claimed each year drops depreciation or something i dont understand these things i am too simple  ;D  thats why i have an accountant

Dean

hehe, me too, i did it for the first 2 years when i was trad, but my expenses were nothing then and i was using my car. too much for me to do now confused to hell!

Ian W

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 09:50:10 am »
My accounts aren't too complicated, so I still do them. Put all my receipts into envelopes marked with the month on them. Still doesn't help me much. lol
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 11:28:01 am »
Funny post my glovebox is full of deisel and other receipts for the whole year there all over the show in there. Gotta do my accounts by feb 08
P&R Window Cleaning

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 11:37:47 am »
If you make it easy for them, it ought to reflect in the price you pay.  I make it very easy for mine.  12 cellophane sheets (1 per month) in a box file along with income details and any other relevant stuff.  I've let it get a bit untidy lately but won't take too long to sort out.  No hurry to do so though.  The stuff that has to be sorted before the end of January was done long ago.  It's just that I haven't passed it on to my accountant yet.  No point having to pay him too soon as things have been a bit tight lately.  I don't anticipate much of a tax bill this January or July.  My turnover was about the same as previous year but with loads of extra expenses starting up with WFP.  Should be a fairly big one the next time though and even bigger after that.

Elginn

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 01:34:48 pm »
I have 1 A4 size envelope in my van with the month marked on it, all reciepts are put into it on a giant paper clip, at the end of the month I change it for the next months envelope, at the end of the finacial year there all in the correct month and order, saves money and time.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 01:39:17 pm »
We use a box folder with multiple pockets in it, normally indexed A - Z, just use one pocket for each month.

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 05:49:44 pm »
I have a A4 envelope for each month. I enter the details each night if i have any in the accounts section on my Window Cleaner Pro programe, at the end of each month i print off my accounts for the month. The other thing i do is work out my tax & pay IR.

AuRavelling79

Re: wish i looked after my receipts a bit more New
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 06:03:53 pm »
Get a block of wood 4" x 2", hammer a 6" nail thru and turn upside down.

When you come in the house jam your receipts on it and hey presto they're all tidy and in order! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

tacky

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 10:27:55 pm »
best idea so far thanks (malc g gold )the simple ideas ar usually the best