Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bonkors

waterfed pole system
« on: December 17, 2007, 08:45:12 pm »

www.waterfed-pole-systems.co.uk

Has anyone had any dealings with the company mentioned above? If, so how have you found their products? What was the after sales service like? Answers will be much appreciated.

Captain Scarlet

Re: waterfed pole system
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 08:49:51 pm »
I have no experience of them at all, but for the prices it seems brilliant, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Bonkors

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 08:54:26 pm »
Thanks Luke.

Yes the price does seem good so my focus is now as to the quality of the products and the service.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 09:01:23 pm »
After sales is priority the most important factor,all the products are mostly the same and suppliers just put thereself up for distribution for each others products anyway,the thing to do is ring them and if the phone dosen`t get answered go elsewhere because as for after sales that will be what your up against a ringing phone with no one on the end of it.

Bonkors

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 09:15:00 pm »
Yes, it is annoying when you call a firm and there is nobody to pickup the phone. Makes you wonder if ever there was an issue, would they be prompt to respond?

NWH

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 09:18:45 pm »
Like i say if the phone dosen`t get answered move on to the next,ring them again the next day and a few days after that if your spending big money,it should show you that if you get in trouble and need something quick they`ll be able to help.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 11:34:53 pm »
Hi Bonkers

I got my truck fitted out by them.  It's a guy called Dene and his daughter called Samantha.  The quality of materials is very good, they use custom molded tanks like tucker pole, fixed hannay hose reels, very nice.  The quality of his work is very good, bolts to the chasis ect.  I'm pleased with the system over all it was custom made for my truck and nobody else would take the job on.

I didn't get my ro from them, I went else where as I thought I could set that all up myself and save some money.  All though he will probably give a little discount on the 2 together, thats if you are going static and van as opposed to the whole lot in the van.

Their after sales is ok.  I've had a few problems and they've shipped the bits that I needed in order to sort the problem out.

My word of caution would be, make sure you know exactly what you are getting for the price.  If he gives you something extra, ask him if you have to pay for it.

They are terrible at answering the phone.  His mobile number is 07930757126 you will get him on that.

Simon.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 11:36:39 pm »
Any idea how much the hosereels are.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 11:46:56 pm »
I think they are around £200 although my receipt wasn't itemized like that.  But I think a year ago when he fitted my tank thats the price he said.

Simon.

Bonkors

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 12:12:24 am »
Hi Bonkers

I got my truck fitted out by them.  It's a guy called Dene and his daughter called Samantha.  The quality of materials is very good, they use custom molded tanks like tucker pole, fixed hannay hose reels, very nice.  The quality of his work is very good, bolts to the chasis ect.  I'm pleased with the system over all it was custom made for my truck and nobody else would take the job on.

I didn't get my ro from them, I went else where as I thought I could set that all up myself and save some money.  All though he will probably give a little discount on the 2 together, thats if you are going static and van as opposed to the whole lot in the van.

Their after sales is ok.  I've had a few problems and they've shipped the bits that I needed in order to sort the problem out.

My word of caution would be, make sure you know exactly what you are getting for the price.  If he gives you something extra, ask him if you have to pay for it.

They are terrible at answering the phone.  His mobile number is 07930757126 you will get him on that.

Simon.

Thanks Simon, I am thinking of getting the static unit and as well as the Van. Pardon my ignorance as i am new this wfp. What is an RO?

Regarding the phone, i have found that they are prompt in responding. I emailed them website address on Sunday night, early monday morning i got a call from Samantha who appears to be very polite. I had her mobile number but i rang the landline number to see check their service out. The phone rang out and went to voice mail but i got a call back from her a few seconds later as she retrieved my number as it was the last person and she was on her mobile line.

Simon, how long have you had the equipment from them?

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 07:21:35 am »
Hi Bonkers

Simon.

Thanks Simon, I am thinking of getting the static unit and as well as the Van. Pardon my ignorance as i am new this wfp. What is an RO?

Regarding the phone, i have found that they are prompt in responding. I emailed them website address on Sunday night, early monday morning i got a call from Samantha who appears to be very polite. I had her mobile number but i rang the landline number to see check their service out. The phone rang out and went to voice mail but i got a call back from her a few seconds later as she retrieved my number as it was the last person and she was on her mobile line.

Simon, how long have you had the equipment from them?
and RO is a filter that has a membrain in to reduce the tds (bits in) water, you may not need an RO if you live in a soft water area if your water is hard then you will need one, a DI vessel (many have a blue one and it looks like a fire extinguisher) you will need one of these for sure this polishes water to 000 tds.

if I was you I would buy a handheld TDS meter and check your water before getting system they cost about £15. All you do to test water is put some water in say a cup and dip the tds meter in, my tds reading from my tap is over 450 I have a 4040 RO many use a 300gpd (gallons per day) RO this will depend on a few things 1, money 2, how much water you need a day 3, time span for making the water.

Here is a link to show to RO units starting from the smallest:

http://www.ro-man.com/ro-man.php

Ask every question that you need to know and if unsure ask again.

Hope this helps a little.

Ian

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 08:21:22 am »
I've had mine a year in January.  I've had one or two complications from having it setup in a truck as opposed to a van, but I'd say it has worn very well.  What window washers said regarding the RO is correct.  They will probably supply you with an 4040 ro but without a booster pump that dramatically speeds up water production.  They also supply a merlin version which is cheaper but I would spend the extra.

When I went up to get my truck fitted I also got a kind of induction with a wc called George.  He had his system fitted out by them and was working in the town so he let me  tag along with him all day.

You need to ask yourself questions like how much water do I need in a day how often each week.  If you want to ask any more questions you can give us a call or send an email, I'll be in this evening preparing my TMS and KM.  Click my webpage in the profile.

Simon.

Bonkors

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 11:04:19 am »
Thanks Ian and Simon. Yes i will be sure to analyse the water. My understanding is that in the midlands most areas are medium water but i will check anyway. I will keep asking questions and plenty of them. This forum is proving to be more useful than i even imagined it could be!!!!!

Simon i will be sure to email you with a few questions.
p.s. i like to clip on your website!!