Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Helen

Re: new customer=messer
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 09:44:04 am »
Johnny.... didn't you have similar the other day, one where you were £5 more than the old wc'er or something. Not saying you're doing anything wrong, but perhaps you need to revisit your T & C's when you take people on. Pre-booked initial cleans for us are "firmed" up in writing, either with the written quotation or  in the post shortly after the quotation, with t & c's stating that if we should be asked not to clean on arrival there will be a charge of £XXX made to cover our expenses. Last 2 weeks before Xmas are Iffy with new customers and we tend to steer clear, as we won't let down the regulars who support us the rest of the year ;D

johnny_h

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 05:38:18 pm »
yes helen that was the second one i have taken on board what you have said about sending a letter though i dont have a set T&C'S something i will have to think about over xmas any ideas for me ? had another one today "how much to do windows mate?" "a minimum of £10 every 28 days but i want to see your place first" " ok £10 it is i want them done 4 times a year"!! i have really had enough of it all thinking of jacking the lot in
AUDI VIDE TACE

Dale Smith

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 06:21:24 pm »
Johnny don't do that mucker, ditch the customers like that & go out & find some more of your decent ones. Don't let them grind you down, remember the good times/custies/laughs that you have had.
Dump them & you will feel better straight away. If the custie had said that to me I would have turned him down there & then. Your in charge of your business not him. Obviously we have to bend sometimes if it benefits us for keeping the money coming in, but always its your call not the custie's.
Your the boss, it's your decision.
Swindon, Wiltshire.

johnny_h

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 06:45:39 pm »
Dale i asked him for my business card back told him no thanks i need people like you like i need a hole in the head the look on his face was priceless told him go employ an uninsured cowboy
AUDI VIDE TACE

Dale Smith

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 06:59:38 pm »
Lol ! Superb  :D
I detest custies like that, they are like that in everything they do....
Swindon, Wiltshire.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2007, 07:02:12 pm »
yes helen that was the second one i have taken on board what you have said about sending a letter though i dont have a set T&C'S something i will have to think about over xmas any ideas for me ? had another one today "how much to do windows mate?" "a minimum of £10 every 28 days but i want to see your place first" " ok £10 it is i want them done 4 times a year"!! i have really had enough of it all thinking of jacking the lot in

I used to have loads like that.  Don't jack it in because of them.  You must stand your ground politely but firmly.  If they still mess about, stop working for them.  It can take a long time to become free from all the messers but it can be done.  I still think one of the most important parts of building a domestic W/C business is knowing when to say no.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2007, 07:07:44 pm »
Lol ! Superb  :D
I detest custies like that, they are like that in everything they do....

They don't necessarily mean to be that way though.  I'm sure that many of them are unaware of the difficulties they create.  I'm happy to try educating them first but if they still won't stop playing silly twits, then they need to get another W/C.  Easy to say when you have enough work.  Not so easy when it's a bit tight.

cybersye

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007, 07:17:29 pm »
just as the shiner says!
stick at it , it can be done
2 years on and I still have a few messers but I've a wiser head on my shoulders.(possibly  :-\)
I've been running behind a couple of weeks due to various reasons . I've had to take the descision who i call upon and clean for before xmas and although its not been an oustanding day of belting out the work due to short daylight hours and the cold every customer who was in tipped, I felt appreciated and in a small way successful, came as quite a suprise. Sounds like you know what your doing anyhow, had you bent over backwards to accomodate that customer he'd have been nothing but grief in the future and you knew that  ;) stick at it, good luck to ya and happy xmas one and all.
Simon

Paul Coleman

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2007, 07:54:43 pm »
Dale i asked him for my business card back told him no thanks i need people like you like i need a hole in the head the look on his face was priceless told him go employ an uninsured cowboy

You're a lot blunter than me LOL.
I do have the assertiveness these days to point out that if I worked like that for everyone, I wouldn't have a business any more as it would have to fold.