Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clearview ltd

Re: window cleaners rarely have insurance?
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2007, 09:10:42 pm »
Saying you are fully insured isn't a desperate sales pitch - saying others are not is a desperate pitch!  ;)
What works works, it is 100% true many window cleaners are not insured, if you are then thats good, but you have to remember many are not, people on here either are insured or they would lie about it IMO as they would get slated big time, if anyone uses this for marketing then fair play to them, the people that dont have  site or or worried have the problem again IMO
what works works?? now i am confused... so its ok and good business and marketing practice to imply that all of your competition in a 40 mile or so radius have inadequate or no insurance at all??

clearview ltd

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 10:27:52 pm »
I can understand why you're annoyed but I would have to agree with this company's website. Here in Aberdeen we are required to have a license from the council. However, an estimated 2/3rds are working without a license. One of the main reasons IMO is that the council checks to make sure you have the relevant insurance. This leads me to believe that there are a great many w/c's working without the insurance.

Also, people who employ w/c's often do not have employers liability insurance as it costs a fortune, £1000 minimum in my experience. They get PL insurance for them and then try and make out that their workers are self employed. They won't get away woth that if anything goes wrong though. The worker's family will sue the employer and will argue that he was actually employed. MASSIVE RISK!

SLWCN is trying to enforce the license which will have the effect of enforcing the insurance as well. This is one of the major benefits of the licensing scheme IMO
you agree with this companys website? even though it is probably untrue? and not good business practice, verging on liable, and a desperate attempt to cast doubt over all its competition in an attempt to make itself the preffered choice?

clearview ltd

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 10:29:20 pm »
I don't think that "fully insured " is a desperate sales pitch. In fact quite the reverse. Rather than criticise it we should copy it.
Basically, the statement is true, most window cleaners don't have insurance, neither do they pay tax etc etc.
So anything that make us stand out from the crowd is good. Big it up. Maybe not the same style of confrontational finger pointing, but get the message across.

I am going to get my new van signwritten when it comes and I am tempted to include fully insured in the blurb.
Vince,
my argument was not that the company claims to be fully insured. far from it. the website contains the following text " In Wiltshire and Gloucestershire, window cleaning companies rarely have adequate insurance for their changing needs, and worse, lack any cover at all " this is not an accurate statement and i challenge the company to provide the source of this information. i am a window cleaning company in this area and this statement implies that i have rarely got adequate insurance or worse........lack any insurance at all. im allowed to be disgruntled....wouldnit you be? i have been operarating since 1982 with full insurance. and reliable sources inform me that the company themselves may have been towing an overweight reach and wash trailer with an untaxed and uninsured estate car until recently

alanwilson

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 10:38:14 pm »
not sure about this one as at least 2/3rds of the wcs in my area (Glasgow/Braehead) aren't licensed or insured.

Licensing is the way forward but needs more enforcement.  I reckon insurance should be compulsory too, after all you are working on someone elses property.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

clearview ltd

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2007, 10:40:39 pm »
I can understand why you're annoyed but I would have to agree with this company's website. Here in Aberdeen we are required to have a license from the council. However, an estimated 2/3rds are working without a license. One of the main reasons IMO is that the council checks to make sure you have the relevant insurance. This leads me to believe that there are a great many w/c's working without the insurance.

Also, people who employ w/c's often do not have employers liability insurance as it costs a fortune, £1000 minimum in my experience. They get PL insurance for them and then try and make out that their workers are self employed. They won't get away woth that if anything goes wrong though. The worker's family will sue the employer and will argue that he was actually employed. MASSIVE RISK!

SLWCN is trying to enforce the license which will have the effect of enforcing the insurance as well. This is one of the major benefits of the licensing scheme IMO
i agree, anything that improves the health and safety in this industry deserves respect, however an estimation of how many window cleaners do not have insurance is completetly different from implying that companys in a specific area rarely have adequate cover if any at all. would you still be in agreeance if it was a company in your area claiming that you rarely have adequate insurance or none at all?

alanwilson

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007, 10:46:18 pm »
mmmm I can see where you are coming from, no I wouldn't like it but most likely what they say is true.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Roy Harding

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2007, 10:47:40 pm »
Hi Clearview do you run red vans throught Herefordshire, name of is it Phill Crump?

Roy