Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davo

Anyone here x3 ??
« on: December 15, 2007, 08:57:22 am »
Reading some comments on value of rounds recently would like to ask the question..

Would anyone on here sell their domestic business for  x3 its monthly value?

If not what multiple would they consider selling it for??

Dont need to know figures just what multiple they would sell for.

Mark

Davo

Re: Anyone here x3 ??
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 09:41:45 am »
No one eh ! Amazing

You lot dont like difficult questions do ya.

Mark

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 09:59:40 am »
It depends Davo - if I was leaving the business completely or moving away and after a multiple of everything I might try for x5 on my commercial/best stuff, x3 generally and x2 for my less attractive stuff.

If I'm "pruning" then I might let my low end stuff go at x1 or even give it away!

If I decided to withdraw from an area I'd probably start at selling at x4 but would include an intro to my customers and may even do the round once with the new guy and "show them the ropes" in that price.
It's a game of three halves!

martindrz400

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 10:33:47 am »
yes the same on all my comercial work would want x5 and houses x4 it all depends on the work ie the prices if you got great work you can almost demand any price

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 03:58:16 pm »
Reading some comments on value of rounds recently would like to ask the question..

Would anyone on here sell their domestic business for  x3 its monthly value?

If not what multiple would they consider selling it for??

Dont need to know figures just what multiple they would sell for.

Mark

Unless I was leaving the trade or leaving the area, I wouldn't even let it go for x10.  After all, what would be the point of receiving 10 months turnover in one lump and then having to start from scratch?  It's only recently that I've started to appreciate the round that I've built since I've seen what some rounds can be like.  Only maybe 15% of my work has top end prices or top end quality but I've realised that having 230 jobs where I only need to pre-arrange 3 or 4 of them is a mini goldmine.  Also, a round where nearly every customer pays by cheque or BACS (if they are out when I clean) is a valuable asset.  I'm not pretending that I earn top notch money across the board but my round is a very simple one to manage.  This is no accident either.  Half of the enquiries I receive, I don't even submit a quote due to access problems.  I can usually suggest alternative access to the customer but if they won't go along with it then I won't clean for them.  If it is easy to make a single arrangement, I do usually offer a one off clean as a sweetener though.
I have a good little business really.  It doesn't overload one person and allows some time off.  Customers don't give hassle if you are a week or so late (except the weekly shop fronts).  And I can earn a decent profit from it.  However, having said that, I am building it up a bit bigger now as I need to earn a bit more while I'm repaying some debts.
Remember:  The pole is for cleaning windows, not vaulting over gates.