Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark coates

help with shurflow pump
« on: December 16, 2007, 10:51:17 pm »
for just over a year now iv been using my shurflow pump that i bought from cleantech (it s the pump that comes with a varistream controller and is encased in plastic for use with a trolly system, although i have been using it in my van).

it has continually worked fine until a couple of wks back. the flow is now greatly reduced, even with the varistream turned right up. the pump runs continually once switched on as in it doesnt swith itself off once the system is fully primed, this to me suggests an air block but iv tried to "suck"it out to no avail.

is there anything else i could try or is the pump just on its way out
thanks

Nathanael Jones

Re: help with shurflow pump
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 11:01:05 pm »
if you disconnect your reel, and let the pump prime with just a short hose after the pump, it will clear any airlock a lot quicker.
I've a 100 PSI surflow pump which takes an age to prime with the reel attached,.. remove the reel, it primes quickly, and then I just re-connect the reel and work away.
I try not to let the tank run completely dry though!

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 04:42:38 pm »
Could be something as simple as you need a new battery

DASERVICES

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 04:45:45 pm »
Or bad connections which have gone black reducing the voltage flow, strip back new bare wire for a better connection.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 07:14:48 pm »
Do you have any hozelock connections on the inlet side of the pump because the hozelock connections let air in with wear and tear on the rubber seal.

dai

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 09:13:52 pm »
 Or bad connections which have gone black reducing the voltage flow, strip back new bare wire for a better connection.

That is excellent advice, It made an amazing difference when I renewed the connections.
I intend to solder most of mine over the break. Dai

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 10:36:24 pm »

That is excellent advice, It made an amazing difference when I renewed the connections.
I intend to solder most of mine over the break. Dai

Dai, put your electrical connections in a small waterproof electrical box that you can buy from a caravan shop. Takes 5 mins and saves the hassle of soldering.