Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark_roberts

Re: TM carpet cleaning. Why no agitation?
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2007, 10:39:18 pm »
Off the top of my head the NCCA, Woolsafe and the IICRC in their training do not say rotary cleaning or vacuuming with an upright is damaging for wool carpets provided its done properly.

Perhaps someone would comment further but I dont remember hearing this from them, the supposed experts.

Mark

liahona

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2007, 11:04:27 pm »
I understand what you are saying.  On all the courses I have been on and thats now too many to remember it is that they dont say to use this method. 

Anyway, with respect, who gives a monkies what these people say.  The people that make the carpets and supply the guarentee for the same say that the guarentee will be void if they are "handled" in such a way.

We all know ,even those who agitate this way, that it is not the correct way to handle a carpet.

Best, Dave.

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 01:08:07 am »
I'm changing to gold brushes for all domestic carpeting - the white ones are pulling out too much fluff for my liking.
As previously said - it's only to work the prespray in and lift the pile, even the gold ones will do that sufficiently.
Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

mark_roberts

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 05:56:16 pm »
But can we really rely on the carpet manufacturers.  What do they know about cleaning?

I would have thought that they will only supply information that will reduce any possiblity of blame on them.  A bit like upholstery manufacturers saying dry clean only when we the professional cleaners know it can be wet cleaned.

Personally Ive no problem using a rotary system on wool carpets apart from wool berbers.

Mark

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 10:18:31 pm »
Neither have I mark. If anyone's REALLY worried about wether they're damaging the pile then test on a small area and get down to floor level and inspect for pile burst.
You must be prepared to calculate the risks then you you can say that you really are offering the best possible service.
Alan

mark_roberts

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 11:16:20 pm »
Alan

Hows the Kirby badger going.  Was going to have a go at something similar in the new year.

Mark

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 10:46:33 pm »
It's good for what it is. Does a great job on flat weaves and similar woven rugs and is still a lot better than any form of vacuum cleaner beater bar on the back of dense chinese tufted type rugs although on these I know that the rug badger daddy would wipe the floor with it. But then ... It was under £10 to make.
I found that the rubber drive belt is put under a lot of strain when trying to beat the back of thicker rugs - I think it's because you can hear a lot going on on the back of the thinner rugs and the sound is deadened on the thicker ones so you're likely to lower to brush roll too much.
Alan

carpet guy

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 11:46:54 pm »
Some commented " what do manufacturers know " and the answer to that, would be, " what they have been told by cleaning machine manufacturers "
On a private tour of a carpet making plant, accompanied by the head of quality control, we paused at the Q/C area, where newly woven carpets were visually checked.

When soiling was spotted ( oil spots, dripped from machines ) the Q/A boss, demonstrated how they were dealt with.

A tin about the size of an average tea cup with a simple, soft bristle brush was handed over. The brush was immersed in the tin which contained solvent , the brush was shaken, to dispense with excess  solvent, then applied to the oil with a rapid, light brushing action, so the soiling was not removed, but dispersed, over a larger area.

This was the standard procedure and had been for decades, apparently.

PaulKing

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2007, 06:42:34 pm »
Some commented " what do manufacturers know " and the answer to that, would be, " what they have been told by cleaning machine manufacturers "
On a private tour of a carpet making plant, accompanied by the head of quality control, we paused at the Q/C area, where newly woven carpets were visually checked.

When soiling was spotted ( oil spots, dripped from machines ) the Q/A boss, demonstrated how they were dealt with.

A tin about the size of an average tea cup with a simple, soft bristle brush was handed over. The brush was immersed in the tin which contained solvent , the brush was shaken, to dispense with excess  solvent, then applied to the oil with a rapid, light brushing action, so the soiling was not removed, but dispersed, over a larger area.

This was the standard procedure and had been for decades, apparently.

if it ain't broke don't fix it!
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2007, 07:09:48 pm »
I do work for a few carpet retailers and the oil spots are quite common.

Shaun