Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Phillip Mold

Re: High presure solution/vac Hose
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 09:47:29 am »
Thanks Joe, thought I must have missed something!
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

Re: High presure solution/vac Hose
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 10:36:59 pm »
I don't know where to start.... ::)

GoodYear was a good basic hose once upon a time.  It is simply no longer true, save your money.

The materials used nowadays are cheaper (in quality) and simply don't hold up.

Unless you need to do regular pressure washing, you might as well go with a lower pressure rated hose that can handle heat.

Avoiding a hose with steel braid is just a good idea if you only need 400-1200 psi for your daily work, and if there is no steel in the hose, there will be no rust, and if there is no rust, the flexing of the end at the wand won't be destructive to the integral strength of the rusty hose braid.

It's when this steel is compromised that the hoses become a liability, couple that with the inner rubber of the core being degraded by heat and chemistry and you will soon experience the dreaded "black death", a whole lot of fun on a light colored wool carpet.

Thermoplastic hoses will outlast rubber/steel hoses several times with their nylon core and poly braid, plus they have a Urethane sheath, very slippery on carpet and chemically resistant.

They just don't have the high pressure capabilities, usually max out at about 1750 psi, and 230ºf.

This is a different animal, but 3/8" hose doesn't flow any more than 1/4" hose if you use the same restrictive jet(s) on your wand, you need to open your jets up to make use of larger hose, it can help to preserve operating pressure, but that is easily overcome by adjusting up 50 psi at the truck, so it's a non issue.