Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pingu

Stepford wives & street commitee's
« on: December 08, 2007, 12:18:33 pm »
Hi all...went out to do a quote this morning and when we get there....there are 10 houses in the close....

We do the quote for the lady we were meant to see and give the quote of 65 euros's for the 1st clean then 50 for later cleans...then she says some of the others come out so we do quotes for them and the houses are all detatched but very similar so the pricing is about the same....then one of the ladies jumps in and starts saying she does'nt think we can clean the windows and frames and that their previous window cleaner did it for 35 euro's blah, blah, blah...this in turn seemed to 'turn' the others....

Have you experianced this .....

Dave.

drakestar!

Re: Stepford wives & street commtitee's
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 12:42:27 pm »
yes so i said take it or leave it. they will most times take it

brightnclean

Re: Stepford wives & street commtitee's
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 12:54:19 pm »
A lot of closes etc have a local know it all.

What I would have done is to seize the initiative and bring them all on board by saying something like..  OK the previous cleaner did them for X amount..  That's probably the reason he doesn't come around anymore so here is what I will do. (This is based on them all being close together)  We are totally confident that we do a very good job and there is nothing here that we cannot clean. We only came to quote for one property but now based on the fact that there are X amount of potential customers here we will do them for X amount..  (A lower price but not as cheap as the last cleaner) Don't be fooled by "minimum charges" 10 customers close together at £15 each will give you a far better hourly rate than 2 at £20 to £25 further apart.

I know you give guarantees etc so you should be able to pull this off.

Hope this helps.  :)