Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mgba_78

What Van - Trad 3 guys????
« on: December 02, 2007, 06:39:13 pm »
Hi

We are looking to expand our business and employ.
We have decided to run all 3 of us from one van but i am unsure of the van options available, as we are traditional cleaners we do not want a van which is too high causing issues loading and unloading the ladders.

At the minute two of us are working from a Fiat Doblo which is perfect but only a 2 seater.

What we are looking for,

3 seats
sliding side doors and rear doors
not too tall
looking to spend up to £6k

Any ideas???

Andy
Oooooo that is shiny!!

aztec

Re: What Van - Trad 3 guys????
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 06:46:33 pm »
vauxhall vivaro all the way mate ideal for you3

Dean Aspects

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 06:56:16 pm »
I had a couple of astra vans with rear seat conversions they are a great van for trad window cleaning but i dont know if i would want to be the one sitting in the back and having to get in and out all the time
The next size up is a scudo/dispatch/expert which is what i have now it has the twin seat but not really enough room for two burly window cleaners
So that means either go up a size again but problems getting ladders on and off
or get a scudo sized van and get a rear seat fitted or get a twin cab 4x4 like a vx brava

Dean

tacky

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 10:13:05 pm »
as regaurds to getting ladders off .try n get the system the sky tele boys use .pull handle n ladders come down the back. speck it ll cost a few bob .but saves climbing on van etc

matt

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 10:54:42 pm »
just fit a "crew rear seat"

infact, i have 1 for sale right now, out of a bus, just drill the rear floor and bolt in using spreader plates under the floor, it comes with 2 X 3 point seat belts aswell

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 03:29:27 am »
Hi

We are looking to expand our business and employ.
We have decided to run all 3 of us from one van but i am unsure of the van options available, as we are traditional cleaners we do not want a van which is too high causing issues loading and unloading the ladders.

At the minute two of us are working from a Fiat Doblo which is perfect but only a 2 seater.

What we are looking for,

3 seats
sliding side doors and rear doors
not too tall
looking to spend up to £6k

Any ideas???

Andy

Have to say love your logo  ;D

what about a citreon relay has three seats sliding door and read doors, great van IMO thats what I use.

Ian

steve m

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 07:53:07 am »
transit connect do a foar seater, or the astra van is done with a foar seat option. Why not an estate with blacked out windows. Word of warning, DONT drill holes in the back of a van to fit a seat, new mot rules say it must be fixed into chassis type rails welded to the main structure

Ian Rochester

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 01:15:06 pm »
Stick with the Fait and go for one of the new style Scudos or Ducatos, we run two of these.

Or Doblo MPV, 5 seats and plenty of space in the boot for trad gear, got one of those as well, very adaptable.

cvdewsbury

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 07:34:14 pm »
probably yr cheapest option would be the citroen berlingo the one with the windows on the side great multi purpose vechile takes the weight and smart enough to use as yr private motor

Mr T

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 08:37:17 pm »
I use a peugeot partner van, the one with the sliding side doors.  its basically a car, put a roof-rack on it.  Its perfect for us trad boys....

rehcra

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 11:17:59 pm »
I have vauhall vivaro for 3 of us with ionics system built in back.

However i had a fiat scudo before & it was excellent, 3 seats in front, comfortable, sliding doors , i had extra 2 seats proffesionally fitted in back.

I loved my scudo  :'(