Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.J.Thorpe

i hate customers 2
« on: November 29, 2007, 10:17:07 pm »
dave w and ian wwashers this  might make you smile and any 1 else . Two weeks ago first job of day heavy dew and misty with it 2 houses next to each other so as usual put trolley at front between them do up front on both then walk to back do up rear both come back to front to do down start on no.3 meanwhile no.5 comes out i say "morning" but no reply he just stands there glaring at me and then down at the lawn which has my footprints on it in the dew i ignore and carry on next door .I swear that what happened next is true. He huffed and he puffed not actually saying anything to me opened up his garage went inside and came out with......a broom and then proceeded to sweep the lawn until all dew (and my footprints) had gone at no time did he speak directly to me just tutted and sighed then went back inside i just carried on cleaning and made sure i had a good stamp all over his freshly swept lawn before i collected my money and bid him good day he never said a word  ??? ::) so what is that all about  as for access i just climb over anything i can and on my entire round i have two properties where i cant do that safely(ish) one gave me gate combo other is fridays only so could be worse and not todays get one free go then they get told why and are dropped

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: i hate customers 2
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 10:44:45 pm »
That's what makes this job interesting. You meet all sorts of people from the most helpful and pleasant to the downright bizzarre.

I had one that went mad because I moved a flower pot 15cm in order to clean the bottom of her patio doors and forgot to put it back. Apparently the previous window cleaner had done the impossible and managed to do it without moving it.

I've also got another one that reckons that every time I do her windows wfp it dries and leaves black spots on the insides of her windows.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 10:48:18 pm »
ive got one who reckons wfp does and i quote"encourage moss to grow on the sills because of all the water" T***s ;)

Davew

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 10:50:11 pm »
Thats nothin - i got dropped because i squirted water between the glass panels of a sealed double glazing unit!

alanwilson

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 10:51:45 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hehehe

people can be so strange!

I have one customer who is convinced that the water will kill her plants someday - I emphasise the 'someday' as thats the phrase she uses!!

well of course they're gonna die!!
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 11:02:42 pm »
i love showing custs (three so far) that the marks "I" left are inside their sealed units one got the right hump and said quote "I suppose you have got yourself off the hook then!!!!"

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 11:05:23 pm »
and the plants too "dont get your chemicals on my tomatoes leave the back until they are gone i dont want poisoning"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::) ::)

danny mckim

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 11:16:51 pm »
I had a customer who said i cleaned her windows on the monday having already cleaned them and been payed the previous friday. SHE SAW me doing them in the monday. Strangely i didnt chap the door to get paid as i usually do. Oddly enough i was 4 miles away on another estate at the time. When i see her it always makes me smile. Needless to say she was dropped.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 11:37:15 pm »
I had a customer who said i cleaned her windows on the monday having already cleaned them and been payed the previous friday. SHE SAW me doing them in the monday. Strangely i didnt chap the door to get paid as i usually do. Oddly enough i was 4 miles away on another estate at the time. When i see her it always makes me smile. Needless to say she was dropped.

That family must have members in my part of the country as well as I've had a very similar experience recently. They insisted they were right and also involved a nieghbour who said the same thing. Had me wondering if I was goin' mad at one point.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 11:58:56 pm »
one swore blind i put up "something that kept the housemartins away" but it fell down and could i put it up again??!! i didnt know what "it" was cos i didnt put it up so ended up nailing chicken wire under the gable end to stop her bothering me i must be mad ::)

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 06:59:38 am »
dave w and ian wwashers this  might make you smile and any 1 else . Two weeks ago first job of day heavy dew and misty with it 2 houses next to each other so as usual put trolley at front between them do up front on both then walk to back do up rear both come back to front to do down start on no.3 meanwhile no.5 comes out i say "morning" but no reply he just stands there glaring at me and then down at the lawn which has my footprints on it in the dew i ignore and carry on next door .I swear that what happened next is true. He huffed and he puffed not actually saying anything to me opened up his garage went inside and came out with......a broom and then proceeded to sweep the lawn until all dew (and my footprints) had gone at no time did he speak directly to me just tutted and sighed then went back inside i just carried on cleaning and made sure i had a good stamp all over his freshly swept lawn before i collected my money and bid him good day he never said a word  ??? ::) so what is that all about  as for access i just climb over anything i can and on my entire round i have two properties where i cant do that safely(ish) one gave me gate combo other is fridays only so could be worse and not todays get one free go then they get told why and are dropped
lol love it, never heard of that one before  :o

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 09:59:07 am »
this is one thing I had to deal with yesterday and was not even a customer it was next door  :o

My guy was out cleaning yesterday, I got a call on my mobile ranting and raving, could not understand what she was saying, I said" now could you let me know the problem as you are clearly annoyed" I then got my satalite dish aint working  :o I have called sky and they said there is no problem. So being me I asked if she had switched it off for 2 mins then turned it back on. (falling fuel to the fire I guess) any way "yes I have done that you hit it will you pole and dont say you didnt.

:o I said I cant of hit it "yes you did dont lie to me".
Me: I have not cleaned your house today
her: no my next door
me: nope I have not cleaned to your next door, maybe it was one of my guys
at this point I am standing down the road from the woman loking up at her satalite dish waving her arms in the air.
her: well it was one of you guys, they will just say they didnt do it, they cleaned next door and hit my dish, what are you going to do.
Me: talk to my guy right now as I am now with the person that cleaned your next doors windows:
Me: did you hit a sky dish Martin next door to number ++
Martin: No why
Me lady going nuts on phone, be honest did you?
Martin: No I didnt I was cleaning next door.
Me: ok, (now takling to lady) No said didnt hit your dish he was cleaning next door.
her: I know it was him.
Me: give me 2 mins I can see you out side your house I will come and look,
I get there and her dish is about 5 meter from windows next door.
Me Hi there what is the problem.
Her: he did it he did it.
Me: Ok how do you think he hit it with his pole?
her: cleaning them top windows on the top floor (2nd floor)
Me: he didnt clean the 2nd floor windows you can see this if you look as they are not wet like the rest.
Her: Oh but........ but he could have still hit it.
Me so what you are saying my guy for no reason would go back to the van get a longer pole come back and then hit your dish so you could not watch tv?
Her: errrm
Me: if we had done any damage we would pay for it to be fixed, I dont know why your dish is not working, and guarentee Martin did not touch your dish.
Her: Sorry
Me: no problem I prefer to sort out problems if they arise, it is better for us all, I am sorry your dish is not working and hope you get it fixed:
Her: thank you and sorry again
Me thats no problem, and if you need a window cleaner we clean next door, here is my card, and I promise if we clean your window we will never touch your dish lol.
Her: lol ok can I call you in a few weeks
Me of cause any time, at least you now know that if ever there is a problem I will always personally come and sort it out.
Her: yes thats very good of you
Me: No problem at all, glad I sorted it out with you, as I would not like you to say un nice things about window washers.
Her: I wont you are very helpful
Me Ok have to go now her is my card hope you get it sorted out.

I have 2 choices there, I was having a very bad day yesterday I could have vented my bad day on her then hung up giving me a bad name, the other is what I done.

Customers/ people can be a nightmare sometimes

elite mike

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 10:32:05 am »
sweet??

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 10:51:40 am »
When I used to use ladders I had a couple of custy's come running out saying I'd done something to their sky dish and they couldn't see anything on their TV. Turned out my body was blocking the signal. When I got off the ladders the signal was back, fortunately. Had me worried for a minute I was going to have to pay to get them re-aligned.

Can,t understand the logic of placing a dish right under a window when there are plenty of other places to site it.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 11:27:35 am »
[quote author=M & C Cleaning Services link=topic=46593.msg379934#msg379934 date=1196419900
Can,t understand the logic of placing a dish right under a window when there are plenty of other places to site it.

Not logic.   Lazy installer who doesn't give a s**t who he inconveniences so long as he can get the job done and b****r off as quickly as possible.