Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

one more question
« on: November 28, 2007, 08:20:59 pm »
did 2 houses today in the same street now the frames are  painted white they have transems and then a long window underneight the same with as the tranny now my question is the transem cleaned fine but the bottom window under transem at the top edge dried all runny and it was like white chalk only at the top edge of the window did i not rinse it enought or is it residue from the paintwork it is well maintained paint also will this keep happening or will it stop any help pleas as newbie to wfp only on 3rd week

Re: one more question
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 08:24:53 pm »
did 2 houses today in the same street now the frames are  painted white they have transems and then a long window underneight the same with as the tranny now my question is the transem cleaned fine but the bottom window under transem at the top edge dried all runny and it was like white chalk only at the top edge of the window did i not rinse it enought or is it residue from the paintwork it is well maintained paint also will this keep happening or will it stop any help pleas as newbie to wfp only on 3rd week
dont touch the frame, if after a good wash it is still milky, I learnt that be default  :-[

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 08:25:49 pm »
It is a rinsing first clean issue.  As the white paint oxidizes it leaves a film on itself.  When you come along and clean it, this will then run down the window below. This will not be a problem after a few cleans as you will remove the oxidization.  The only way to cure it to start with is to go back and rinse the bottom half again once the top half has stopped rinsing down across the crossbar.

m.b.s.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 08:30:26 pm »
It is a rinsing first clean issue.  As the white paint oxidizes it leaves a film on itself.  When you come along and clean it, this will then run down the window below. This will not be a problem after a few cleans as you will remove the oxidization.  The only way to cure it to start with is to go back and rinse the bottom half again once the top half has stopped rinsing down across the crossbar.
thanks alex so it wont do it every time then its just cause its a first clean with the wfp then thought i rinsed it well but like you say it was still runing down from the cross frame am i right

m.b.s.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 08:31:39 pm »
dont touch the frame, if after a good wash it is still milky, I learnt that be default  :-[
the top transum was fine it is the window under that think alex answered it thanks anyway

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 08:40:53 pm »
thanks alex so it wont do it every time then its just cause its a first clean with the wfp then thought i rinsed it well but like you say it was still runing down from the cross frame am i right

Next time you do it, do the whole window first and go back and be prepared to re-rinse the bottom half a second time.

m.b.s.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 08:42:27 pm »

Next time you do it, do the whole window first and go back and be prepared to re-rinse the bottom half a second time.
thanks so it will stop then wont it thanks alex your a star

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 08:47:38 pm »
I have had been cleaning every thing twice on first cleans, noteing the milky windows didnt have very many, went back to one of them the other day and again cleaned frames still milky so, now I clean the glass only and they come up perfect

m.b.s.

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 09:06:35 pm »
I have had been cleaning every thing twice on first cleans, noteing the milky windows didnt have very many, went back to one of them the other day and again cleaned frames still milky so, now I clean the glass only and they come up perfect
yes i know what you mean ian but the milky residue is down to the cross member and the water is driping fromthe top window over the cross member and on to the one underneith