Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

how do you
« on: November 28, 2007, 08:13:54 pm »
how do you clean your poles mine has some grit in it just wondering how you all clean yours befor i do it at the weekend mine has clamps

Dean Aspects

Re: how do you
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 08:18:22 pm »
Just pour water on the clamps till the water has cleared the grit then on the carbon fibre sections i use baby oil keeps it working smoothly

Dean

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 08:22:39 pm »
Just pour water on the clamps till the water has cleared the grit then on the carbon fibre sections i use baby oil keeps it working smoothly

Dean
do you usepure or normal water i was thinking of putting a hose pipe up the bottom of the butt section of the pole and blasting the inside

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 08:27:36 pm »

Dean
do you usepure or normal water i was thinking of putting a hose pipe up the bottom of the butt section of the pole and blasting the inside

Tap water is fine.  Undo all the clamps and blast water through from the bottom then turn the pole back up the right way to let the water come back out the bottom and then spray some water down through the clamps on each section.  I never use any product on the poles.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 08:28:14 pm »

Dean
I do both and still the grit gets back the day after (sods law) I give a rinse at the end of the day then once at weekends. Dont know why the normal day to day pole is only peanuts to what it earns, should really do a time study on it to see if it worth doing or not  :-\

Dean Aspects

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 08:28:56 pm »
Does not matter what water you use as long as it clears the grit
Can you take the sections apart (like the facelift pole)?

Dean

Dean Aspects

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 08:31:13 pm »
Alex
Why do you not use any product on the pole are you saying that it can do harm to the pole?
Have you found this out in all your testing?  ;)

Dean

m.b.s.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 08:33:26 pm »
Does not matter what water you use as long as it clears the grit
Can you take the sections apart (like the facelift pole)?

Dean
yes i can they are on clamps

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 08:39:44 pm »
Alex
Why do you not use any product on the pole are you saying that it can do harm to the pole?
Have you found this out in all your testing?  ;)

Dean

No, I'm a lazy blighter and a quick squirt of water is all I ever do (my poles do last a long time though)!