Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

utopiacleaning

Office Cleaning price per sq ft
« on: November 12, 2007, 05:55:00 pm »
Hi there all

Can anyone help.  Got our first chance to price a big job.  3 floors, lots of offices.  it is about 3200 sq ft.  We will need 4 cleaner one as a supervisor.  Rate £6 per cleaner per hour £8 supervisor.  The job will be 7.5 hours per week.

Wages will be about £10,000 but what is the percentage we put on top.  Can anyone help only use to doing small offices.

meny thanks
Kirsty Twiner
utopia Cleaning Services Ltd

wilclean

Re: Office Cleaning price per sq ft
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 01:53:57 pm »
Hi meny

I once had to price a office cleaning contract from plans and had to try and work out the Sq footage myself, in the end I got someone to give me a hand in the end to work it out. 

1. Where are you based first of all?
2. What do you normaly charge per hour for your small office cleaning contracts?

if you look at some of the newer posts on the site you'll find what other people are charging around your area that will give you an idea of what to charge per hour with your new contract.

kind regards Paul

Mike_Boxall

Re: Office Cleaning price per sq ft
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 10:53:05 pm »
Hi

It's very difficult to price generally but a typical wage to charge ratio for a contract like this would be between 65-75%. On top of your wages you have to add management time, materials and equipment, training costs, workwear and profit. If the cost of wages was £10,000 (have you included NI costs, holiday pay, etc?) then I would expect the contract value to be in the region of £16 - 17,000 per annum. If it's 3000 square feet then that would equate to £5.50 per square foot or £49.50 per square metre but that seems very high to me and I suspect there's something not quite right.

How did you come up with 4 cleaners? Are they each working 1 1/2 hours a day?

Regards

Mike