Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Matt Lindus

Why do you never see....
« on: December 12, 2007, 04:35:53 pm »
Other Carpet & Upholstery cleaning vans on the road other than the big franchises.
I'ts very rare when I actually see a Carpet Cleaning van on the road. When I do I nearly crash with joy "whoopie, i'm not alone, someone else does it"!!
Has anyone actually seen a carpet cleaner working at a house. In 5 years i've not seen one.
So where do you guys hide? do you all drive round in unmarked vans or cars?
Plumbers, Builders and Sparkeys are all over the place but Carpet Cleaners. Never!! 

Mike Halliday

Re: Why do you never see....
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 05:30:32 pm »
I've never seen any carpet working near me :-[

this could have something to do with me visiting them all last year, ripping out their beating hearts then devouring the pumping organ as they slumped to the ground dead.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Daveyboy

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 05:32:30 pm »
Perhaps you can join the Carpet Cleaners Lonely Hearts Club!

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 05:38:36 pm »
I leave home in darkness and get back just after lunchtime .......... don't want to bump into any competition  ;D

stevegunn

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 05:40:14 pm »
No vans but saw a ford focus with extracta exel in the back.

klinger (spa clean)

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 05:42:15 pm »
never seen any round by me 8)...dont think my guide dog has either ;D
klinger of spa clean.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 05:43:20 pm »
I see them when I leaflet their neighbours. ;D

One guy, his truckmount van seems always parked ouside his house. (I assume it's his house)  ;)

See one guy more than most, he must be busy. Always waves, saw him in Cheddar last week and in Weston a lot.

mark_roberts

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 05:52:29 pm »
See chemdry almost every day.  See a few other franchises a bit too.  See the odd independant about once a month.

Was driving behind a car the other day with a big yellow machine on its side, never seen it before.

Sad to say ive only spoken to one of them in 8 years.

Mark

Bill Robinson

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 05:59:41 pm »
i have an unmarked van keep meeing to get it sign written will do one day. i was just wondering though i recon theres about 30 different carpet cleaners in northumberand i hardlies see any of them may be they work in another county geordies are to tight fisted to have there carpets cleaned my mother recons carpets are to cheep and she would rather buy another then have hers cleaned

maxcarpets

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 06:37:21 pm »
They all live near me, dont worry your all safe!

*paul_moss

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 08:56:11 pm »
See Chemdry and Rainbow regular, also a few independants.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Kev Loomes

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 10:08:42 pm »
See quite a few down my way - a few regulars and one or 2 havent seen before. Did a quote 3 or 4 days ago, 2 doors away was a CC with van on drive, who obviously lived there. I got the job & he didnt (well woth it too lol  ;)) - weird that way sometimes.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 06:30:33 pm »
well ive see a few now and again

the best was yesterday when i got to the second job ,  next door had mr srink in her house , he wasnt best please when his custy cameout to look at my van when i fierd the truck mount up  ;D ;D ;D 3 hours later after doing my custys suite and carpet the nextdoor neighbough poped in to have a coffee and was moaning that he lefted her carpets swimng  wet  8)

colin thomas

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 08:10:33 pm »
oh come on steve, i know it's xmas but let's have the girl getting out of the pool back please, season of goodwill and all that.

colin   >:(
colin thomas