Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macmac

Re: need a good brush
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 04:48:09 pm »
IMO you can't have the good bit without the light bit  

Granted at 35+, I'll maybe give you that one.
BUT, for normal domestic work & 95% of situations under 35ft this weight issue is out of hand & just silly. we are, after all talking about just a few gramms in weight difference. this is when the good does infact very much out-weigh the light part IMO. I think people have got obsessed with this "must be light brush" issue & are actually making life harder by missing the main point- the GOOD bit! ;)

tony

macmac

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 04:50:25 pm »
I want Vikan bristles in a Bentley body please. ;)

Then modify the vikan by shedding it's exsess black stock. do it carefully & right & you'll be very, very pleased with the result. ;)

tony

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 04:53:18 pm »
Actually its suprising how much quicker a light brush allows you to be even on lower work because it allows you to move your arms quicker, I own the following brushes:

3x vikan flocked
2x vikan monofilament
1x ionics multipole dualtrim monofilament
1x super-lite brush
1x non jetted addis

Recently with the Super-lite and super-lite brush I have noticed both allow me to work much much much quicker. Light tools equal increased stamina which means more work more money and better cleaning results because your not tired and just cut corners ( especially on very high work ) Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Davew

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 04:56:43 pm »
Tony,
I would, but i can't get my head around the price of a Vikan at the moment - this is because i am a tight git! When my superlights get tired i can tap out the jets and make a new brush for £1.50. Whereas a Vikan would be over thirty pounds including delivery and vat (jetted). :(

macmac

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 04:57:37 pm »
Actually its suprising how much quicker a light brush allows you to be even on lower work because it allows you to move your arms quicker, I own the following brushes:

3x vikan flocked
2x vikan monofilament
1x ionics multipole dualtrim monofilament
1x super-lite brush
1x non jetted addis

Recently with the Super-lite and super-lite brush I have noticed both allow me to work much much much quicker. Light tools equal increased stamina which means more work more money and better cleaning results because your not tired and just cut corners ( especially on very high work ) Luke

I GIVE IN  ::) ::) ::) ::)

tony

macmac

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 05:03:13 pm »
I would, but i can't get my head around the price of a Vikan at the moment - this is because i am a tight git! When my superlights get tired i can tap out the jets and make a new brush for £1.50. Whereas a Vikan would be over thirty pounds including delivery and vat (jetted). :(

I nearly give in again, but just for you dave, the vikan will last you at least a year.
This is my whole point, it's called false economy, you're life could have been so much easier from the start dave. I personaly would gladly pay 100 quid for the right brush.

tony

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 05:10:49 pm »

I nearly give in again, but just for you dave, the vikan will last you at least a year.
This is my whole point, it's called false economy, you're life could have been so much easier from the start dave. I personaly would gladly pay 100 quid for the right brush.

tony

I will bear that in mind when setting the RRP for our new brush  ;D

macmac

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 05:17:10 pm »

tony

;D ;D ;D ;D
can't see you doing any business on here alex unless it costs less than 2 quid & made from helium! :D

tony

Davew

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 05:23:24 pm »

tony
[/quote

Gladley? I wouldn't. I can see where your coming from though (once or twice you have been proven right). I notice you were asking about Alex's new brush a little while back - you don't need a new one surely?

macmac

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 05:29:43 pm »
I notice you were asking about Alex's new brush a little while back - you don't need a new one surely? 

No mate, they still going strong.
My comments are aimed mainly at the diy bog/floor brushes. i'm expecting alex's new brush to be proper/real. I don't care how much it costs, if it's better for me i'll buy it with pleasure. ;)

tony

Davew

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 05:34:23 pm »
Have you looked at tuckers? they seem to have both requirements ie. good and expensive.

GAZZA B

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 05:46:23 pm »
Hi,

I have just had deliverd from Gardener poles the x-Tel with a bentley brush on, I have to say that this is one of the best brushes i have used, will be ordering some more.

Gazza

john tomkins

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2007, 06:21:30 pm »

tony

The time it's taking you to launch it, it'll probably be £200 ;D