Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simonwonder

anybody use a refferral program
« on: November 29, 2007, 05:18:58 pm »
hi guys and girls
just wondered if anyone uses a refferrral program with their regulars and whether you have any success with it
  please  help if you can i am trying to implement one now and just wondered if any one has success with one and if they could give me some pointers
respect
simon

Rob_Mac

Re: anybody use a refferral program
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 05:44:19 pm »
We have a slip that we put through with the envelopes.

Collecting is prehistoric!!!!

The slip says;

Today....................... your windows were cleaned. Please ensure cheque payment within seven days

Underneath it has 3 lines these read;

I was not happy with the cleaning - and there is room for reply.

I would like to recommend - and there is room for contact info.

I would like a particular service - and there is room for them to ask us about other services.

We get referrals all the time from this and we always offer the person recommending 50% reduction on their next clean

Rob ;D

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 05:49:59 pm »

The slip says;

Today....................... your windows were cleaned. Please ensure cheque payment within seven days

I would like a particular service - and there is room for them to ask us about other services.

We get referrals all the time from this and we always offer the person recommending 50% reduction on their next clean

Rob ;D
I would never ever put "I was not happy with the cleaning " on every customer I clean, as I am 95% sure all jobs will be done to my standard, putting this is basicaly saying we dont think we clean correctly sometimes please go and look and let us know.

The other part is a very good idea.

I normally have a different service offered every other time we clean, like gutter cleaning 20% off till +++++ or frame cleaning 30% off till ect, this works for me.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 05:53:28 pm »
I can see where you are coming from but I employ four people and with the best will in the world mistakes are made.

It was put there in the event that there is a problem and because we don't collect they can voice a concern and the situation comes to my attention.

It gets used now and then but it is more for their piece of mind than for any other reason - like the rain guarantee that no one ever rings us back on

Rob ;D

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 05:55:33 pm »
I can see where you are coming from but I employ four people and with the best will in the world mistakes are made.

It was put there in the event that there is a problem and because we don't collect they can voice a concern and the situation comes to my attention.

It gets used now and then but it is more for their piece of mind than for any other reason - like the rain guarantee that no one ever rings us back on

Rob ;D
See your point, and fair play to you if it work for you  ;)

Stevie G

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 05:56:14 pm »
 "i was not happy with the cleaning"  :o inviting trouble the rest of it's a good
  idea thou.

Stevie G

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 06:01:25 pm »
 yep, i see what what your saying there rob.  ;)

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 06:04:39 pm »
I could have sworn I just put that in the 2 post before hand  ::)

Rob_Mac

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 06:08:15 pm »
This slip has been used effectively for over 2 years now.

We have had countless referrals from it and countless additional services - such as conservatory roof cleans etc.

If you offer a consistently high service - which I do - or I wouldn't be doing as well as I am sooner or later you have to rely on a minimum of at least one other to help you .

Unless you clone yourself you will never get the same standards - irrespective of the calibre of the individual you employ.

Mistakes will be made.

I can assure you from experience and using the slip it does not invite anyone to abuse it. We also tell people if they aren't happy with the clean and they call us back to put it right and they still aren't happy then we will not charge for the clean. We always get paid!!!!!

I run a business built on excellent standards and our portfolio of high street names at national level is ever increasing.

Our residential workload has always been an increasing number every month.

What I say and do in business is thought through from every angle and I have put the line on the slip for my customers piece of mind and so that rather than a problem building or the customer being ignored there concern is dealt with.

It does not invite trouble.

Rob ;D

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 06:10:08 pm »
This slip has been used effectively for over 2 years now.

We have had countless referrals from it and countless additional services - such as conservatory roof cleans etc.

If you offer a consistently high service - which I do - or I wouldn't be doing as well as I am sooner or later you have to rely on a minimum of at least one other to help you .

Unless you clone yourself you will never get the same standards - irrespective of the calibre of the individual you employ.

Mistakes will be made.

I can assure you from experience and using the slip it does not invite anyone to abuse it. We also tell people if they aren't happy with the clean and they call us back to put it right and they still aren't happy then we will not charge for the clean. We always get paid!!!!!

I run a business built on excellent standards and our portfolio of high street names at national level is ever increasing.

Our residential workload has always been an increasing number every month.

What I say and do in business is thought through from every angle and I have put the line on the slip for my customers piece of mind and so that rather than a problem building or the customer being ignored there concern is dealt with.

It does not invite trouble.

Rob ;D
Good on you as I said before, if it works for you that a result  ;)

Bonkors

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 08:52:56 pm »

The slip says;

Rob ;D

What an excellent way to gain customers. Its been working for you for two years!! How many referrals a month would you say this contributes to your overall new customers?

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 09:03:49 pm »
On my last lot of payment cards on the back with amount it said Gutter cleaning available % off with this card, worked well, did the same with sofits ect,

need a new printer as other has gone bust  ???

Rob_Mac

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 09:09:38 pm »
I would say that we have had about 50 new customers from referrals on the slips in that period and countless additional conservatory, pressure washing and carpet cleaning work

Rob ;D