Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NBwcs

Baffling ibcs.
« on: November 07, 2007, 07:15:15 pm »
Ive been searching the site for info on baffling a  650l ibc, and theres a lot of good infomation,it seems alot of people do it but it just doesnt seem to add up to me. The general sensus of opinion seems to be that you should insert drain pipe or similar so producing a honeycomb effect. This requires putting in as many pieces as is possible so as they dont move about. Now the internal size of the tank is about 800mm x 1200mm and 1000mm high,which means that if using standard 4" (100mm)diametre pipe, you could in theory put in upto 96 sections 1000mm in length. ( ie 12x8=96). Wickes are selling pipe at about £7 for a 3m length which means you would need 32 lengths.  :o,which equates to £224 >:(. Now I appreciate that the final total of sections would be less than this with juggling it about, but its still going to need a lot. Given that the idea of using an ibc rather than new baffled tank, is to save wonga,I guess I must have got my theory wrong somewhere  or else so many people wouldnt have gone down this route. Could someone please explain how many pieces of pipe they used for theirs and an idea of costs.  Cheers Nick

Alex Wingrove

Re: Baffling ibcs.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 07:19:42 pm »
soil pipe might be better

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 08:07:45 pm »
Hi Nick
You need the blue land drainage pipe
the cost is only about £40 for 15mtrs
All you need to do is coil it round in side the tank before you fit it in the van
works a treat
Andy

poles apart

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 08:36:50 pm »
I took about 55 pieces of pipe out of my 1000 litre tank and I've still got them. If anyone wants them they're free!
Rod

NBwcs

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 10:20:55 pm »
Cheers Andy.