Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M & C Window Cleaning

Trolley Tyres
« on: November 07, 2007, 07:54:02 am »
A while ago I thought, 'I must get a spare trolley tyre as a backup,' in case of punctures. But did I? No! Course the inevitable happens yesterday. Whilst wheeling through some autumn leaves I didn't notice that one of my custies had trimmed a thorny hedge. With a full load of water a 'Freedom trolley' is about a 45 kilos. So you guessed it. Flat tyre and two and a half hours of a lovely day wasted running round trying to get it sorted and it could have been worse. They can be repared but this is very difficult and requires two people to accomplish getting the tyre back on. (If you ever have this problem, use soap on the rim it makes it easier) Be careful not to damage the inner tube. It's very easy to do.

My recomendation - Get a spare tyre! It will save you wasted time

SherwoodCleaningSe

Re: Trolley Tyres
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 08:11:27 am »
You can get some anti puncture slime from halfords, you just pump it in the inner tube and when you get a puncture the slime seals the hole.  I use it on my bikes and I've not had a puncture in them since.

Even if the tire should go down, you just pump it up and the slime should fill the hole.

Simon.

williamx

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 10:23:27 am »
Get one of these, solid tyre, no puntures ever.

http://www.northerntooluk.com/products.asp?partno=145124E

johnny_h

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 05:13:40 pm »
machine mart sell the wheels for freedom trollys just swop them over sorry dont have the web address just google it
AUDI VIDE TACE

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 05:43:38 pm »
Went to Machine Mart in Southend as directed by PureFreedom and apparently they've changed the the tyres they sell and the new ones don't fit. The've gone from needle bearings to ballrace bearings and they're a different size and the axle length is shorter so the wheel nut would not hold the wheel securely if it did go on.

Have ordered a couple af spares from Andy at Purefreedom.

johnny_h

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 05:49:34 pm »
oh ok thats not good news for the rest of us with freedom trolleys lets hope adepta have plenty in stock !!
AUDI VIDE TACE

NBwcs

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 06:51:46 pm »
How much are Freedom charging for a spare?  Had a puncture recently, and took it straight to Central tyres who sorted it for a fiver,only took 20mins.

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: Trolley Tyres New
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 07:43:36 am »
I purchased two and it came to just under £34 including the delivery charge.

Have to be fair though. Andy did send me to Machine Mart first. I phoned them to confirm they had them. However when I got there I discovered the difference with the new ones.