Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LSB

xmas cards ?
« on: November 03, 2007, 01:12:02 pm »
as some of the topics on here today are mentioning christmas , does anyone have or know of someone doing cards , possibly somehow w/c related ?

Lizzy

Re: xmas cards ?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 01:20:20 pm »
if you sign up with vistaprint.co.uk, you'll eventually get an email offering 10 free cards.  You do the wording youself, etc.  Makes them much more personal.
I start buying them like that in August so by Oct I have ordered quite a few dozen.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 01:27:00 pm »
I always hand write Christmas cards to every customer, I was going to have printed ones saying Happy Christmas and thank you from window washers etc etc, but felt it would take away the personal touch, so I buy quality cards, write a note in each one and give one to every customer as we clean in december, that reminds me I better start buying them now I tend to write out about 25 a day as did it all one year in a night into early hours and hands killed me the next day  ::) 

pingu

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 01:37:34 pm »
We have decided not to send cards but will thank customers for their custom and tell them we will donate to a charity of our choice.

Cards....Just keeping Hallmark shareholders in profit....

Bah

Dave ;D

Majestic

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 03:07:54 pm »
I always hand write Christmas cards to every customer

I only send cards to commercial customers. Otherwise it seems like you are begging for a tip, if they are going to tip you they will without sending them a card

simon knight

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 04:32:34 pm »

Bugger Xmas cards....I send my customers a hamper from Harrods ;D

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 05:11:59 pm »
I always hand write Christmas cards to every customer

I only send cards to commercial customers. Otherwise it seems like you are begging for a tip, if they are going to tip you they will without sending them a card
I do not give Christmas cards to get tips, I gave them to customers out of respect and to say I am thankful for their continued custom.
And you are right that they will tip  or they wont, either way they still get a card, Commerical do not really get cards, maybe the desk girl if I see her.

macmac

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 05:23:51 pm »
I re-designe my receipts & just add something like-
wishing you a merry xmas & happy new year, thankyou for your custom throughout 2007.

tony

rugby

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 06:28:40 pm »
send customers xmas card?,no chance,never have and never will.

need a cleaner

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 06:42:47 pm »
We do, actualy our designer is at this moment designing this years Xmas card :)

Ian Rochester

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 07:31:27 pm »
All (well most) of our commercial accounts will get a card signed by all our staff, a bottle of wine and some chocolates.

Just bought 24 bottles of Brunello de Montalcino from Costco (£12.95+vat) to give out as gifts.  I'm halfway down the first bottle now ..... well you have to make sure it's of an acceptable quality dont you?!?!?  And it's very nice indeed :P

Domestic customers, which now number over 1300, get a picture of a Santa on their "You've been cleaned" slips! and a "Have a good Christmas" if they're in. 

Saying that the lads took over £600 and some wine in tips last year, including one tip for £50.00 all from domestic customers. 

The rule is:  They get the money, I get the wine!

Majestic

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 08:29:08 pm »
I do not give Christmas cards to get tips, I gave them to customers out of respect and to say I am thankful
Do all your customers give you a card out of respect and to thank you for your service all year

Dean Aspects

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 09:10:21 am »
I give cards to all my domestic customers the large residential and commercial get hand made cards i do this as a thank you and as a by-product some will give a tip  ;D

Dean

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 09:38:35 am »
I do not give Christmas cards to get tips, I gave them to customers out of respect and to say I am thankful
Do all your customers give you a card out of respect and to thank you for your service all year
To be honest, I get hundreds of cards each year from my customers, not everyone but most of them yes, mutual respect I think  ;)

LSB

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 03:46:34 pm »
i used to give cards when i started , but havent done for years because i thought it looked a bit like begging for tips .
i was thinking maybe this year a decent card ( somehow w/c related ) personalised , and including some small print along the lines of  ' this is not a request for a tip , but a genuine christmas wish '.
otherwise im left only giving cards to people after they have given me one !

haggis

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 10:03:02 am »
Just thought i would do this this year I'm self employed but work as a subby that's got no idea, he just relies on the fact that we've been doing the same houses for years. I thought it would be a good idea just to keep some of them sweet, plus its nice to be nice, good manners cost nothing but bad manners can lose you a fortune. All i would write is, From your window cleaner. Get some cheap packs of cards from the pound shop or markets/ car boots, remember the tips will pay for them anyway and still have enough left over for that holiday abroad/ deposit on the new B.M.W. Or maybe just p1sh it up the wall :D
God loves a tryer but trying tae clean windaes in the rain - It's a mugs game

Highrise

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 06:08:52 pm »
What a lovely way of remining your customers to give you a nice Christmas drink.... ;D
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...

need a cleaner

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 06:59:24 pm »
Well we got our first Xmas card from a custy 2day with a fiver inside ;D

Feen

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 07:48:20 pm »
I read this thread the other day and it inspired me to get some xmas cards for my custies. Went on Ebay and bid on a job lot of 800 cards. 99p + 19.95 p&p. Needless to say I'd had a few and I won ;D I now am the proud owner of 800 Xmas cards and about 300 customers ??? Ah, the power of cider... ;D ;D
Feen