Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

007 or what

Sabotaged!!!!!!!!!!
« on: November 05, 2007, 04:56:45 pm »
i've been cleaning a shop for the last couple of weeks and because the owner told the old w/c that he no longer needed his services (very poor job and very expensive) he keeps putting grease of some sort onto the windows.
 i dont get it, ok so i got the job cause of his shoddy work but that has to be bad business does'nt it?

I only got the job as a fluke really i was cleaning the flats above and because the water was going to run all down there windows i offered to give them a quick rinse, but the 2 windows that i cleaned were cleaner than the rest.

I would not dream of doing this, was i wrong to take the job on?

williamx

Re: Sabotaged!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 05:23:59 pm »
Have a word with the window cleaner,say that the shop keeper has had a camera installed, and is going to report the person who is putting grease on his windows for criminal damage.

This should work.

simon knight

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 05:57:26 pm »

I think it's between the shop keeper and his old w/c.

You've done your job and made them clean and if somebody comes along later and mucks your good work up it's hardly your concern.

sair

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 06:44:05 pm »
count your self lucky its just grease
 i ve  had far worse
Essentially Pure Ltd

Davew

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 07:39:48 pm »
 :o :-X

Pat Purcell

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 07:55:34 pm »
Are you sure its the old window cleaner, a lot of shops these days have those roll down shutters to protect against break-ins and to keep them moving well they are covered in a greasy oil substance that will for a time slop onto the glass everytime they are closed, It may have been happening all along and its just that you are new to this job
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

edd

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 08:11:14 pm »
sabotaged my arse !! ive been cleaning same shops for 20 years and every
week its covered in greasy kebab wrappers ,curry ,gob ,you name it its there
so you better get use to it or find something else to do EDD >:( >:(

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 08:27:36 pm »
well, maybe this is an oportunity either way to increase the frequency that you do the windows and make more money, tell the owner and show him and maybe hel pay you to do it every week instead of every month unless your allready doing it every week?

NWH

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 08:29:01 pm »
Shops every month,i wouldn`t do them.They need to be done every week at least.

edd

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 08:54:38 pm »
weekly and always covered in s.it by monday by the lager t.ats at weekend
todays special edition was a pavement pizza on the windows and frame  >:( >:(

Trevor Knight

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 07:33:40 am »
We clean 3 Chinese Takeaway shops on a weekly basis and to be honest its a waste of their money.

Each time we call we are greeted with grease, food residue and millions of hand marks, its just par for the course !
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

007 or what

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 09:54:02 am »
Last week i did them on a tuesday at 9 am by 12am the same day it had a swirl of grease on the window like someone had sprayed wd40 all the way around the shop,
Yesterday i cleaned them at 7am and by 9am when the shop opened the same marks had appered, they dont have shutters so it cant be that.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 12:12:46 pm »
All I can suggest is if you are certain its someone doing this deliberately then stay and wait for them and confront them.

My only question is if you are sure its the same person how do they know WHEN you clean the windows as you have stated two different times on here??
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

rugby

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 12:15:33 pm »
i stopped cleaning shop windows ages ago,always covered in crap,somtimes literally,  just didnt fancy it anymore

simon knight

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 12:17:42 pm »
I seriously can't see how it's 007s problem. As long as the customer realises that after you've left the windows are clean, any petty vandalism that happens some time later is his concern and it's down to him to confront the culprit.

007 or what

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 03:54:57 pm »
I've heard from the said shop today and they have him on camera so now the police have been called, we'll see what happens now.

simon knight

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 04:10:22 pm »

Exactly! You stay out of it!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 04:28:42 pm »
I've heard from the said shop today and they have him on camera so now the police have been called, we'll see what happens now.

Oh, how sweet!
It's a game of three halves!