Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Gurdy

PRICE OF WATER
« on: November 07, 2007, 05:05:49 pm »
Is this expensive compared to anyone else?

Filling up a 650Lt tank over night, on average 4x per week. (water pressure into van is 40 psi, turned down at ro unit to 25psi to get best ppm 0.40 into tank) . 

My water bills are £33 a month on water and £30 a month on sewerage, this is not taking out my own personal use, so probaly in total (both bills)  minuse personal use, are about £40 a month.

IS THIS ABOUT RIGHT????

(where's me bucket)

Jon-scwindows

Re: PRICE OF WATER
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 06:10:42 pm »
every time you are filling up your 650 ltr tank your using almost 1300ltrs or almost double through the ro waste outlet.

i dont know how much il be using but i think it might be better turning to fixed monthly water bill rather than meter.

or if you can find a small unit on an industrial estate near to, where you can keep your ibc containers and one that has unlimited water and electricity for a set price each month.

my friend is renting a small unit there is probably enough space for 10 ibc containers if you wanted , and the water and electricity is unlimited for £30 per month!

i think i will ask him if i can chip in £10 per month to keep an ibc there and my ro system.

i would also like to do that at a relatives closer to my round and just give them something each month for the water bill.

dave0123

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 06:42:45 pm »
do you mean a small business unit that you have on trading estates? or just a small garage type one?

Just i thought these were alot more than 30.00 per month

Dave
Dave.

gsw

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 10:40:55 am »
is it that bad an overhead... £2-£3 a day, your work load should increase by at least a third now that you are on the pole so you have it covered already, my standing supply charge is £35.00 and sewerage £50 per month and thats filling up a 300l tank!! again i need to take personal use out of that (family of four). every business has overheads, just cost it in, all the bother you are going to have trying to source your water away from your home...is it really worth it. Just my opinion.