Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

big prob today
« on: November 05, 2007, 03:01:23 pm »
as you all know i have just gone live with the wfp the big prob i had today is whent to the first job did the upstairs windows and you guested it the bottom patio windows leaked all the water that driped from the upstairs whent in through the patio doors customer was not in so hope it dries before they come home how many has this happened to had a closer look at the patio doors and there was no seal around the top of the doors i guess for this topwindow in future i will have to get the old ladder and trad it how would you do the top if this happened to you will let you know if customer sayes any think tonight when i go collecting >:( :'(

rhys11

Re: big prob today
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 03:05:09 pm »
dont worry about it to much just dump them if they start moaning
rhys

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 03:10:27 pm »
i would do but its on a road were i do over 80 customers dont whant word spresding around have been doing these trad for nearly 10 years all good customers and good payers too

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 03:26:48 pm »
i would do but its on a road were i do over 80 customers dont whant word spresding around have been doing these trad for nearly 10 years all good customers and good payers too

if you are doing the top window how is the water getting in on the bottom one ?
can you not turn down the water when cleaning above, then do not touch frame on the patio doors ?

m.b.s.

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 03:31:44 pm »

can you not turn down the water when cleaning above, then do not touch frame on the patio doors ?
hi ian yes mate i can turn down the preasure the windows are almost flush with the out side wall and very little sill when the water came down from the very little sill it came straight down and through the patio door which had no seal around the top edge of the doors no matter how much you turn it down it still drips off  dont forget this was a first clean with wfp so did the frames as well so it took longer then it would origioanaly

mark dew

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 03:48:02 pm »
i have a couple of jobs like this as well. The only way to get around is what ww suggested.
You are lucky that the people are at work when you do them. My 2 jobs i've had for 3 years and i was worried when it happens. Still am.
But the bright side (i think as i have been told no different) is that i don't think it's a torrent that goes through, just dribbles on the inside of the glass. These customers are at home most times i do them, so i can only assume that it looks like the drips look on the outside.
Nowadays, i don't rinse on the glass above, just give it a quick brush over and move on.
If you get a complaint and don't want to lose the job, you will learn very quickly which windows do this and maybe next time round put some masking tape along the top of the patio doors. 
Though, i don't bother with this as i would have been told if there was any problem.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 03:51:36 pm »

hi ian yes mate i can turn down the preasure the windows are almost flush with the out side wall and very little sill when the water came down from the very little sill it came straight down and through the patio door which had no seal around the top edge of the doors no matter how much you turn it down it still drips off  dont forget this was a first clean with wfp so did the frames as well so it took longer then it would origioanaly

In that case, if you don't want to mess around with ladders, maybe use an Unger type pole with applicator and squeegee on the end for the upper window.  It's only one window after all and a reasonable job can usually be done with care.

m.b.s.

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 03:55:42 pm »
i have a couple of jobs like this as well. The only way to get around is what ww suggested.
You are lucky that the people are at work when you do them. My 2 jobs i've had for 3 years and i was worried when it happens. Still am.
But the bright side (i think as i have been told no different) is that i don't think it's a torrent that goes through, just dribbles on the inside of the glass. These customers are at home most times i do them, so i can only assume that it looks like the drips look on the outside.
Nowadays, i don't rinse on the glass above, just give it a quick brush over and move on.
If you get a complaint and don't want to lose the job, you will learn very quickly which windows do this and maybe next time round put some masking tape along the top of the patio doors. 
Though, i don't bother with this as i would have been told if there was any problem.
yes  i dont think it was a torrent of water that seaped in like you said just drips on the glass i hope will find out tonight :-X

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 04:13:57 pm »

F*ck me you must have loads of customers with a attitude like that
P&R Window Cleaning

rugby

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 04:14:40 pm »
i wouldnt worry about it,if they leak from wfp then they probably leak in heavy rain too,i have quite a few patio doors and the odd window that lets in a little water,ie dribbles on the inside of the glass,thats the customers problem,windows arnt supposed to leak.

unless the customer complains forget about it and wfp as normal

gsw

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 04:28:16 pm »
try turning the flow down, wet the window then turn the flow off, scrub the wet window, then turn the flow back on to rinse. Now you have done the initial clean this is all it will need anyway.

roll up 2 microfibre cloths, and put one ontop of each door to "plug" the gap where the water is running down, i sometimes stuff microfibres in letter boxes if the water is going to run down inside.

you'll find you have a few houses probably with wooden frames where the windows leak too, usually with an fan light above an opener if there is no drip ledge on the fan light, i do as instructed above and usually it works, as for getting the ladders out avoid it at all costs, by the time you have done one or two windows trad upstairs you may aswell do the whole house trad IMO.

greg

m.b.s.

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 04:35:29 pm »
thanks all

Count Phil

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 04:47:02 pm »
I had some that leaked. One day I did insides. They were already dry and I couldn't see where it ran. it dries much quicker inside (in winter anyway) cos of the warm house. So they may never notice with water on the outside.

macmac

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 04:48:14 pm »

F*ck me you must have loads of customers with a attitude like that

I was just thinking the same, what a silly answer.

tony

NWH

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 05:14:04 pm »
After a few cleans you should be able to turn the flow right down on that particular window.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 05:58:17 pm »
I had something similar happen with a wooden frame upstairs. Had a horizontal opener above a vertical opener. When the windows are shut  the water runs onto the frame and down the inside of the lower window. However as they have now been done twice the water that gets in is vertually pure and dries clear. I do however turn down the flow to minimise the water ingress. Seems to have kept the customer happy.

m.b.s.

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 07:48:57 pm »
phew never said any thing thank god for that only asked how it all worked