Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bluez

Round valuations ?
« on: October 29, 2007, 11:52:00 am »
Hi Guys
1st time poster from ireland, Very useful source of info. Can anyone tell me what sort of money rounds change hands for in the U.K. and if people value commercial / industrial and residential work differently.

Also I am in the market to buy wc rounds anywhere along the west coast of Ireland from sligo to limerick and into the midlands as well. Will like a mix of commercial / residential.
hi

Neil_A

Re: Round valuations ?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 12:37:38 pm »
Hi Guys
1st time poster from ireland, Very useful source of info. Can anyone tell me what sort of money rounds change hands for in the U.K. and if people value commercial / industrial and residential work differently.

Also I am in the market to buy wc rounds anywhere along the west coast of Ireland from sligo to limerick and into the midlands as well. Will like a mix of commercial / residential.

Can anyone tell me what sort of money rounds change hands for in the U.K.

depends on how good the round is, it could be 2 or 3 or even 4 x the income of the round

and if people value commercial / industrial and residential work differently. =

yes

Also I am in the market to buy wc rounds anywhere along the west coast of Ireland from sligo to limerick and into the midlands as well. Will like a mix of commercial / residential. =

look in the buy and sell section   ;)
GRADE 'A'

jdemarco

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 01:45:39 pm »
Hi Guys

depends on how good the round is, it could be 2 or 3 or even 4 x the income of the round

yes

Also I am in the market to buy wc rounds anywhere along the west coast of Ireland from sligo to limerick and into the midlands as well. Will like a mix of commercial / residential. =

Well that wasnt very helpful was it?!!
I personally havnt paid anymore than  1 1/2x the monthly clean mainly cos where i live 90% of window cleaners are useless but at the moment im bidding on a local round which is of much higher standard than previous rounds it 2000 pound a month of work and my highest bid so far is 6500 pounds still waiting to here back. So you can get rounds cheap or you can pay alot but like anything the cheaper the round usually means more time and effort at first getting it up to scratch (i personally prefer these cos you can go straight in and be proffessional and increase the prices and gain there trust.. but on average i would say a round of reasonable quality would be between 3-4x the monthly value.
With regards commercial being more to buy, it is but i dont feel it should be cos its not year in year out repeat business you can be undercut and lose the job at no hesitation and were not just talking about a 20 pound a month job we are talking thousands of pounds and sometimes tens of thousands. So before you get into commercial work build up a fantastic customer base and look after them they will be loyal to you, thats your bread and butter. that when when you pick up commercial work and then lose it the following year it doesnt sting to much.
Hope this is more helpful than the last guys post!

Neil_A

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 02:29:03 pm »
Hi Guys

yes

I personally havnt paid anymore than  1 1/2x the monthly clean mainly cos where i live 90% of window cleaners are useless but at the moment im bidding on a local round which is of much higher standard than previous rounds it 2000 pound a month of work and my highest bid so far is 6500 pounds still waiting to here back. So you can get rounds cheap or you can pay alot but like anything the cheaper the round usually means more time and effort at first getting it up to scratch (i personally prefer these cos you can go straight in and be proffessional and increase the prices and gain there trust.. but on average i would say a round of reasonable quality would be between 3-4x the monthly value.
With regards commercial being more to buy, it is but i dont feel it should be cos its not year in year out repeat business you can be undercut and lose the job at no hesitation and were not just talking about a 20 pound a month job we are talking thousands of pounds and sometimes tens of thousands. So before you get into commercial work build up a fantastic customer base and look after them they will be loyal to you, thats your bread and butter. that when when you pick up commercial work and then lose it the following year it doesnt sting to much.

Why was my post not helpful, he asked questions and i replied??  The fact that i did reply is helpfull..

And why the pettie comments ... sound like a child

No worries
GRADE 'A'

jdemarco

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 03:10:47 pm »
Hi Guys

yes

Why was my post not helpful, he asked questions and i replied??  The fact that i did reply is helpfull..

No worries
If i was asking that question i wouldnt have found it useful. Things arent just cut and dry like you made out it needs to be explained. theres alot more depth to window cleaning than people make out. He obviously needs our help on the matter and a simple one word answer 'yes' 'no' wont cut it. Just try and think back to when you were starting out it might sound like a simple answer is needed but not when you dont know.

Neil_A

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 03:29:23 pm »
Hi Guys

yes

No worries
If i was asking that question i wouldnt have found it useful. Things arent just cut and dry like you made out it needs to be explained. theres alot more depth to window cleaning than people make out. He obviously needs our help on the matter and a simple one word answer 'yes' 'no' wont cut it. Just try and think back to when you were starting out it might sound like a simple answer is needed but not when you dont know.

I agree with you and understand what your saying but there was no need to say ...

Well that wasn't very helpful was it?!!

And

Everyone helps in different ways

No worries

GRADE 'A'

bluez

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 05:08:15 pm »
Thanks I appreciate both responses, and welcome anyone elses opinion as well. :)
hi

Pure H20 Cleaning Services

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 10:45:25 pm »
Without getting into the debate, I think a round is worth what you think you can get it for, and no more than you are willing to  pay for it :-*
In the kingdom of the blind
The one eyed man is king

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 06:30:14 pm »
example, i bought a nice compact round of 60 residential customers for £400
pays £530 a month. Extra 60 every on second month for 8 weekly cleans, and included a £140 once a year gutter job. i think this was a good deal.

Kwackers

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 06:32:18 pm »
Thats good!