Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colley614

Some people
« on: September 28, 2007, 05:47:09 pm »

I pulled up outside a job today. It was a shop with 2 windows 1st floor and 2 windows and an entrance ground floor. I picked it up doing some canvassing a couple of weeks ago. Anyway as I pulled up the guy comes running out and says " Your not doing them again are you?" So I replies " Well you did say 2 weekly." then he said " No I just wanted then done one off!" I was fuming, I said " Right I'll leave them then!"

How can you say 2 weekly and mean one off. I know he said 2 weekly because I remember him saying that. I just hope he phones me and asks for me to do them one off again. I'll say "yeah I'll be there right now!"

I really hate liars. Did annoy me at the time but it didn't put me in a bad mood and I'm not moaning about it on here. Just letting you guys aware of another cheap trick by of all people a sales rep! I wouldn't mind but I wouldn't have done them one off and I remember having a "Next time I come..." Convo with him. Some people hey. 

gmcs

Re: Some people
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 05:52:42 pm »
Did you get paid?

supernova77

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 05:56:34 pm »
I had a domestic customer like that once...

Picked them up canvassing and agreed to an 8 weekly clean. Did the first clean, they weren't home but posted me the cheque with no problems.

8 weeks later I clean them again (as agreed), they weren't home again though... I waited a couple of weeks for a cheque to appear - but nothing... So I popped round to see them - They said "no, we only wanted it done once!"

I tried to explain to them that they had agreed to every 8 weeks but they were having none of it... In the end (after a bit of an argument) we agreed for them to pay me half the cost of the clean (it was a £25 account).

As I left he said "I'm sure we'll call you again in about 6 months when they need doing again"... I just smiled and walked away.

I'm looking forward to their phone call.

Andy

colley614

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 06:03:19 pm »
gmcs I did the first time but not today.

Andy 2 things I can't stand in life is 1, Liars, 2 Bullies both are not nice people and this guy was a bit of both. Lied to me and was a bit of a bully with the young lad I work with. Hope he bumps into the wrong people one night on the way home from the pub!