Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tonylee

van system
« on: September 27, 2007, 08:10:36 pm »
hi all
i am moveing from a trolley to a van system and have been told that i need to protect the floor of the van, proteca koke is the product that has been recommended but wondered if anyone had any other thoughts or recommenations
many thanks
tony

NWH

Re: van system
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 09:12:12 pm »
Get a proper garage to do it for you,they will scuff up the surface and do the better job.I spoke to a guy that works at a spray shop and he said he would only want £150-200 tops,with the paint your still gonna save over £300 compared to speedliner.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 09:13:30 pm »
I did it myself, I prepared the surface really well and then painted it with protekatacote, it worked great! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 09:17:29 pm »
On an old van so would i do it myself,but i don`t want to do it on a brand new one. :o :o :o :o

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 09:20:50 pm »
 :( :( :( :(my van is nearly new!!!!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 08:01:40 am »
It does depend on whether you have the time available to do a proper job. If you have then it is not too hard to get right.

Make sure that you spend more time in preparation than in painting. Mask the area well, key in the surface thoroughly (this will determine how long the surface will last), remove any rubbers and plastic liners first. Wear gloves!

Pure H20 Cleaning Services

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 08:44:31 am »
My van is 8yrs old but i still had a speedliner fitted as 1, i didn't want the hassle & 2, you know they do the job.
In the kingdom of the blind
The one eyed man is king