Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Are are Senior Citizens coming around To WFP
« on: September 07, 2007, 02:15:29 pm »
NO TRAD V WFP arguments

2 Days ago I had a call from an OAP inquiring about a window cleaner and one of the first things she asked me was '' You don't use ladders do you'' (although my advert in yellow pages clearly says wfp system)  ''we want our windows done with that pole thingy'' ::)

I went around to price the Job to find there were 5 OAP's, all wanting there windows done with wfp  :o  I gave my price and all 5 excepted   ;D

I did the Jobs yesterday and today, I had a phone call from there Gang leader Molly with the 2 big guns buns ;D  saying how delighted they all were with the results, So I took the oppertunity to ask why they only wanted there windows done by wfp?

Her reply was, that a couple of them visit a friend in a care home, and they seen the results of wfp, and they wanted there windows looking as clean as theres. 
I also had to give all 5 a price for there guttering and again they all accepted.

There last wc also broke tiles on some of there roofs and has not been seen for 6 months, so during there gang meeting, they decided to contact a new wc who uses the wfp method.

Do you think that the oap's are slowly coming around to wfp methods??

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: Are are Senior Citizens coming around To WFP
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 02:50:32 pm »
I'm currently in the 'informing my customers of the comming change' phase. Some don't seem to mind as long as their windows are cleaned and some seem very aware of the need for me to work more safely. However, the few who are giving me grief are all older folk who have, "Seen it and can't believe the mess it leaves" and don't want me near their windows with it.
I can't seem to get them to see the difference between "Mess" and "Wet." So that should be fun when I make the complete change.

Any suggestions on how to deal with them?

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 03:09:41 pm »
It is are job to explain the benifits to each and every customer in regards to WFP.
I have talked to about 30/40 customers this week about the change and the price all said they would give it a go, my only comment i had was how can you clean with just water (got the answers down to a tee now  ;D)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 03:21:56 pm »
I started a new job yesterday.  After hearing what I had to say about WFP, she said that she would be happy to give it a go for three cleans to see what it was like.  If OK, she will continue.  This was as a result of me telling her not to assess it until after the third clean (I always say this just in case).  It was a filthy first clean which I went over twice so it should be reasonably acceptable. 

Helen

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 03:49:29 pm »
all our oap's have loved it, surprisingly! and it keeps em indoors, so they don't get wet while we're cleaning ;)

Pittmonkey

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 05:11:30 pm »
I have a few OAP's Jeff and all of them are very happy. These customers are the house pround type old fashioned in their ways and think having dirty windows is a sin. So long as their windows are the cleanest on the street they are more than happy and dont even mind paying a couple of quid extra for it.

I thought it would be tough going with the OAP's but anything but.

Wayne

'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

chrismroberts

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 06:16:25 pm »
I'm currently in the 'informing my customers of the comming change' phase. Some don't seem to mind as long as their windows are cleaned and some seem very aware of the need for me to work more safely. However, the few who are giving me grief are all older folk who have, "Seen it and can't believe the mess it leaves" and don't want me near their windows with it.
I can't seem to get them to see the difference between "Mess" and "Wet." So that should be fun when I make the complete change.

Any suggestions on how to deal with them?

I had a customer say the same thing... he came out while I was doing the windows and said (I'm not sure whether he was joking or not...):

Customer: "I think I prefer the way you used to clean them!"
Me: "Whys that?"
Customer: "It soaks the place!!"
Me: "Ahhhh, tis only a bit of water!"
Customer: "Aye.... how much do I owe you?"

That seemed to disarm him... LOL.  Just tell them it waters their flowers too, and isn't any different to rain! :D

m.b.s.

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 08:44:13 pm »
so what do you tell them window washers if you have it to a tee

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 09:22:11 pm »

What?

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 09:37:01 pm »
will you be nice if i take my time to tell you?
would nevr say it will work for all but it works for me, was in sales for to many years I guess and is hard to break selling myself (can only do that when i believe in something) and wfp as got me soon see i guess.. ::)

Londoner

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 06:45:22 am »
Most of my customers were OK once they had seen it. The biggest cause of difficulty is that you leave the windows wet. That has cost me a few customers but not many. After you have been a couple of times it is totally accepted and they wouldn't want to go back to the old way.