Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rp cleaning services

unger carbontec pole
« on: August 28, 2007, 07:34:09 pm »
At the moment i use tucker pole but i am about to buy a new pole,i have been looking at the unger carbontec,is this a good pole,what are the brushes like compared to tucker,it is a very expensive pole to buy so if anybody as any imformation about these poles it would be very helpful,if anybody is selling there unger carbontec pole what price do you need

macmac

Re: unger carbontec pole
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 07:46:06 pm »
STOP STOP STOP

I wouldn't buy that pole, infact i wouldn't have it given. havent got time to into it just yet but save your money & go with a carbon facelift / extel or one of gardiners new modular superlights (if you like modular).

tony

brightnclean

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 07:52:08 pm »
Its VERY well built but thats about its only really good feature.

It is very expensive as you say.

I borrowed one from a mate a few times to do a particular job (Until I could justify buying my own long carbon pole) and I found it a bit of a nightmare to use. Its modular and getting to any decent height trying to put the sections together is definately a 2 man job.

I now have one of the new C Extel 60ft poles and if you can love a 60ft pole at full extension I love it  ;D  :P

The clamps are great and its telescopic which makes it MUCH easier to use. The sections slide very easily as well. Oh and it's around half the price of the Unger  ;D  ;)

Chris A

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 10:46:01 pm »
I'm selling mine. Not cause it's a bad pole it's just that I have no need for it any more. Come and try it out mate if you're nearby Manchester.
macmac have you found time to go into it yet??
No you haven't have you, everybody thinks they have the perfect pole, the carbon tec worked for me at the time  but it's not been out of the bag since christmas so that's dead money. I can either sell it or the electric window cleaner can play base ball with it :D

rp cleaning services

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 07:04:42 am »
chris what price do you need for the pole?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 01:38:12 pm »
Chris-  Baseball, that really made me laugh   ;D ;D cheers.

macmac

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 12:19:03 am »
I'm selling mine. Not cause it's a bad pole it's just that I have no need for it any more. Come and try it out mate if you're nearby Manchester.
macmac have you found time to go into it yet??
No you haven't have you, everybody thinks they have the perfect pole, the carbon tec worked for me at the time  but it's not been out of the bag since christmas so that's dead money. I can either sell it or the electric window cleaner can play base ball with it :D

Yes, found time but realized i would have to type 20 pages to point out it's bad points so i'll just stand by my first statement & dont buy one. ;)
Unger dropped a massive clanger with this pole, we know it, they know it, nuff said. :-*

tony

Chris A

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 06:43:22 pm »
Mac Mac,your'e not doing me any favours in getting a decent price  :D
Charlie boy if you still want it after the rave revue i'll let you know what is included
12x 1.5m sections
2x short goose necks
1x long goose neck
2x 16 inch brushes
1x 10 inch brush
2x end stops
2x water feed assemblies
bag with wheels and stand (stand is crap)
other bits and bats that I can't remember
If you are interested mate I'll get you a definate list of what's there and let you know what I want for it.
There's enough gear for 1 60 foot pole or 2 30 foot poles. I've tried it with 12 sections but I wouldn't recommend it though, it's not very controllable and has too much flex
I'm not sure but I think there is a life time guarantee for the sections, cause when I bought it I had to send all the serial numbers to Unger and register them

Chris

Chris A

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 11:50:45 pm »
So Does anybody like this pole?
Looks like a lot of people have tried it but thought it was too expensive or not light enough, I'm getting rid of it because I don't use the pole or system any more. I'm staying away from water fed pole work. It just doesn't pay

Chris A

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 09:55:03 pm »
I'm also selling a 900 litre trailer mounted system, it could be transferred to a van if you want and i'll keep the trailer

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 09:58:07 pm »
Macmac:

What's the massive clanger 'Unger' dropped when they made this pole? I would like to know please as I'm intrigued. Compared to a 'supalite' pole there is no comparison except build quality and weight. I had a supalite pole and the only good thing about it was the weight comparison. I no longer have the supalite, nor do I want  the new one but I still have my Unger Carbon Tec which I use daily along with Tucker, Ionic and Facelift poles.

macmac

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 11:11:17 pm »
Macmac:

What's the massive clanger 'Unger' dropped when they made this pole? I would like to know please as I'm intrigued. Compared to a 'supalite' pole there is no comparison except build quality and weight. I had a supalite pole and the only good thing about it was the weight comparison. I no longer have the supalite, nor do I want  the new one but I still have my Unger Carbon Tec which I use daily along with Tucker, Ionic and Facelift poles.

well, to be honest, with the poles you have, if you still dont see the clanger then i'm afraid it's a case of "no good knocking"

tony

rp cleaning services

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 07:03:19 am »
chris i have just bought a new tucker pole,best of luck selling the unger pole

aztec

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 03:43:56 pm »
how much for the lot chris they are the best poles ever IN THE RIGHT HANDS!!!

Chris A

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 03:43:11 pm »
Lee
Just e mailed you mate

Chris