Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: sign written vans does it work for you?
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2007, 04:54:55 am »
Ladderless Window cleaner, Looks great mate.

Anyone evlse have pics of there vans and tops?

Ian_Giles

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 06:27:09 am »
I have now lost count of the amount of work having my van fully signed has brought in.
Though I would not necessarily say I've had many phone calls as a result of it.
I've been parked in the local Tesco and had people come up and tap on the window, or parked up having a cuppa and have the same thing happen.

It's image isn't it, It's there in peoples faces all the time, it's continual advertising.
It cost me £250 to get my van signed, and it is money very well spent indeed.

But if you do go for it, keep it simple, make sure that people know in an instant what it is you do.
your name isn't totally relevant, what you are and what you do needs to be the thing that stands out the most.
Look at the various vans that pass you, some look really smart with their sign writing, but by the time you've worked out what the hell they do it's too late and they are out of sight!!
I'll take a couple of pics of my own van and slap it on here later, it's nothing special, but it's simple and stands out (the sign writing that is!)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

s.hughes

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 07:01:04 am »
Very true, theres a bloke near me that just has window cleaner and the phone number. Cant mistake that for anything else.
Mine has the 2 phone numbers and web address and I get contated by all 3. It mainly comes from being parked up

Steve

LWC

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 07:03:25 am »
when i first put my sign on, i regretted it as people didnt have a clue what it was like a year ago. but now, sooooooo many people come up and ask me what i do

i reakon i get more work as its different!

need a cleaner

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 02:30:22 pm »
this is my new van design, what do you think/ ::)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 02:39:37 pm »
you want the truth, over complicated, the text is too small on an already small van. Less graphics, increased text size. The graphics are surplus to requirments, instead get the designer to make the text more vivid, with drop shadows, gradients and more rich. This way it will look more proffesional.
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007, 05:08:02 pm »
this is my new van design, what do you think/ ::)

Van design does look nice, is a bit much to take in IMO, the round blue bits near the back are they meant to say something?
Are you a window cleaner or just a cleaner? I see water fed pole on the side if you are a cleaner more than a window cleaner I would ditch the bubbles and the blue round bits and put straight text if you are a window cleaner more keep the bubbles and ditch the round blue bits at the back, your website is at the bottom so if cars go past you cant see it and also when parked in car park etc, I would reverse it as your site says your name anyway and as it is an advert people are far more likely to go to your website than call you in the first instance (dont know why just happens).

Please dont think I am putting down your van as thats the last thing I would do it is purely my opinion ok.
I love the colour of it  ;)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2007, 07:12:35 pm »
yeah orange and blue is my favourite colour combination, they are opposites and complimentary colours!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

julianbiggs

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2007, 08:37:58 pm »
To be honest we have only probably had between 10 and 20 new customers in 4 months directly from the sign writing on our van, but what I think it does do is it reassures people that we are "professional" people who run a "proper" business and that has without a doubt helped us.

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2007, 09:37:56 pm »
yeah orange and blue is my favourite colour combination, they are opposites and complimentary colours!
Luke we must be simalar, they two are my fav colours not sure if you noticed that by now  ;)

brett walker

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2007, 11:43:36 pm »
I have picked up lots of work from having a signwritten van  8)

I have now a got a ldv pilot van and it cost me 180 to have it signwritten, i even got someone come out and ask me for a quote when i was collecting and when i was sitting outside the shops having my lunch.  Customers have commented on how much more professional it looks

Brett

craig jwc

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 10:39:58 pm »
My van has brought quite a few jobs in and some quite nice ones too.
Also got T-Shirts Sweatshirts & Jackets

AuRavelling79

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2007, 08:20:44 pm »
BUT

sooooooo many people come up to me and ask when im passing or in a street, its easy to see what i am and what i do. i also have t shirts, people always ask me, "what is a ladderless widow cleaner?" which starts a good conversation and usually gets me the buisness

What exactly is a ladderless widow cleaner? ;D
It's a game of three halves!

LWC

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2007, 07:06:36 am »
BUT

sooooooo many people come up to me and ask when im passing or in a street, its easy to see what i am and what i do. i also have t shirts, people always ask me, "what is a ladderless widow cleaner?" which starts a good conversation and usually gets me the buisness

What exactly is a ladderless widow cleaner? ;D

lol!  ;D oops

even i couldnt answer that one

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2007, 07:24:02 am »
Sign writing cost me £170. That included him coming up with designs & fitting.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2007, 07:28:20 am »
I love it when you have a van with ladderless window cleaning painted on the side of it and then a set of ladders on the top.  Always tickles me.   ;D

I think that it's always worth getting the sign writing mine was £150.  But a one off payment for as long as you have the van, can't be bad.

Simon.