Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

David Claxton

Been going 1 year ???Follow up letters???
« on: October 25, 2004, 10:17:27 pm »
I've now been cleaning carpets and upholstery for one year and it was definately the best move I ever made. Now that I've hit that 1 yr. mark though, I'm keen to write to those first customers who had faith in me. Hopefully this is where you can help? Do you have any examples of letters you have sent to previous customers to encourage them to get their carpets/upholstery cleaned again. I'm a bit stumped as to the content of the letter but hopefully some of those seasoned professionals out there can help. My email address, if it helps is igloosmelt@yahoo.co.uk.
Many thanks in advance.

Dave Parry

Re: Been going 1 year ???Follow up letters???
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 11:27:53 pm »
Maybe if you filled out your profile inc. location you would get more replies.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

David Claxton

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 09:40:49 am »
Good point Dave. Thanks.

Dennis

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 11:17:39 am »
Wait until you've been going a few years and you have to do hundreds and hundreds of the bloody things every few months.  ;D ;) ;D

Personalise the letter if you have a mail merge database Dear Mrs Smith not just Dear Customer

Put a headline in the letter "Special Christmas Offer" for example

Thank them for the previous business, give them good reasons for cleaning again, appearance, keep fabrics looking good, remind them how good it looked, how convenient you are, offers are usually good depending how busy or not you are!

Put a ps with a cut off date reminder for any offer and your phone number.

Put a return address on the envelope so the Post Office can return those that have moved, then send a general letter later to The Occupier.

Send them First Class, the amount saved is neither here nor there.

The return may only be 4-5% tops but they tend to spend, the last one I did brought about 8 times the amount spent.

A few quick pointers hope it helps.

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 07:38:08 pm »
Dennis

Thanks for reminding me re data base need to re thread Dave ADL

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

David Claxton

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 09:46:52 pm »
 :)Thanks very much for the input. Greatly appreciated. I'll get straight onto my follow up letters.