Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SonOfFormby

When you buy a round???
« on: August 29, 2007, 04:26:45 pm »
When you buy a round that a W/C has already established,what is the score regarding the seller cleaning the sold addresses again,Is the a written/unwritten agreement between buyer and seller, that the seller is not permitted to clean at the sold round addresses for a certain amount of time?

Thanks

Lee

SparklingWC

Re: When you buy a round???
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 04:29:01 pm »
this is something you have to do. when you buy a round you have to draw up acontract (through a solictor preferably) to say that the old window cleaner can not clean in the area for XX months (12 preferably) if they dont sign to 12 months - they plan on going back i'd guess. you may have to write the area too, list the houses or streets that they cant clean. you both sign this and keep it i think

Count Phil

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 05:07:10 pm »
Also, get them to write a nice letter with their signature etc, saying they are finishing in that area and you have bought the business. Push a copy through every door that you don't get a personal introduction to. And give on to the people you do meet. Then its hard for them to go back if you turn up to schedule.

SonOfFormby

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 05:16:45 pm »
Also, get them to write a nice letter with their signature etc, saying they are finishing in that area and you have bought the business. Push a copy through every door that you don't get a personal introduction to. And give on to the people you do meet. Then its hard for them to go back if you turn up to schedule.

He is taking me round to meet most, and we are posting nice flyer confirming I am taking over etc.

Lee

Count Phil

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 06:06:40 pm »
He'll just look a jerk if he then goes around and you do to. People wont go back, they just wont respect him. Be cool man.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 06:29:54 pm »
Most contracts to do with sales normally have a 2 year period when you can`t call or canvas,i would go for the 2 year one if i were you,they would have forgotton about him by then.But just the 1 year dosen`t seem enough to me,you should try and suss him out a bit first.

SonOfFormby

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 06:00:40 am »
He'll just look a jerk if he then goes around and you do to. People wont go back, they just wont respect him. Be cool man.

Am I not being cool? I trust the guy, but bottom line is,I left my job,and this is my income now,aren't I entitled to try and get some protection?

Lee

SonOfFormby

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 05:23:33 pm »
bump

williamx

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 05:37:15 pm »
If you brought a shop as a going concern, you would also purchase the stock, this then becomes your property, until you sell it on.

With a window cleaning or any other service business, the customers are the stock, so I would draw up a legally binding contract stating this.

I would include a clause stopping your customers being approched by this cleaner and any relative or friend, for as long as you are trading.

SonOfFormby

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 07:02:29 pm »
If you brought a shop as a going concern, you would also purchase the stock, this then becomes your property, until you sell it on.

With a window cleaning or any other service business, the customers are the stock, so I would draw up a legally binding contract stating this.

I would include a clause stopping your customers being approched by this cleaner and any relative or friend, for as long as you are trading.

Good point, but is there a rule of thumb in this sort of situation,as It has obviously happened many times before.

Lee