Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

Re: Cheap Cheap Cheap!
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2007, 11:10:17 am »
everybody seems to be forgetting something, thay don't speak english as well, they cant hold a converstaion about local gossip/history etc etc. They have a limited local knowledge and people are less likely to trust a foreigner, I mean would we be trusted to work at huge mansions in Poland ?

of course they deserve to get work but they wont be able to compete with a UK resident who knows the British sense of humor and can have a laugh with his customers! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

mark dew

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2007, 12:25:07 pm »
everybody seems to be forgetting something, thay don't speak english as well, they cant hold a converstaion about local gossip/history etc etc. They have a limited local knowledge and people are less likely to trust a foreigner, I mean would we be trusted to work at huge mansions in Poland ?

of course they deserve to get work but they wont be able to compete with a UK resident who knows the British sense of humor and can have a laugh with his customers! Luke

That's right. The work is there for us and our kind to lose. We have lots of advantages that foreigners don't.
Most work around here for example is for general cleaners, carers and packing meat or some other type in factories. All for minimum wage or a few pence over.
An average house costs £550 per month to rent. Band D council tax is £800 odd per year. What is the point of working for the majority of people when they are doing 40 hours for an extra £10 - £15 per week?
It's a benefit trap and the fault lies with the state and not the people who take advantage of it.
Same with foreigners. They didn't make the rules. Why blame them for our losses, or our perceived losses. It's beyond me??? ::)

supernova77

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2007, 02:06:50 pm »
Over time they will win simply because they are cheaper.

That's not true at all.

Many people choose better service over price!

Andy

matt

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2007, 08:23:38 pm »
BUT it will have a effect on prices, the middle priced people will lower prices to go head to head agaisnt the really cheap prices, then the uber expensive wil either have to rethink or lose biz

i would like to think if you do a good job a customer will not ditch you for a east european for the sake of a few quid

BUT

when the owner moves, and a new home owner moves in, who will they choose ?? ? ? the cheapest

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2007, 08:42:04 pm »
Eastern Europeans are well disliked round here & a talking to many locals & custy's of mine wont have them on their property.  ;D

I had a company on my house & a Eastern European was with them & i toild him to get lost, the guy he was working with said it's happening more & more down here.

ionescu

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2007, 10:16:39 pm »
I am an eastern european, and I get 30 pounds per hour and I know an old english man how gets half of that.

xpskwindowcleaning

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2007, 10:38:50 pm »
I am an eastern european, and I get 30 pounds per hour and I know an old english man how gets half of that.
Welcome to the forum, although with an attitude like that, I suspect your welcome might be somewhat limited.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2007, 11:01:23 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Well done for valuing your labour properly.

david thomas

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2007, 11:24:42 pm »
I clean in Blackpool the windows cleaners here charge £4 for a semi and there not polish

tonyoliver

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2007, 02:34:29 pm »
did you know the unemployed actually look down on us
call us the mugs for busting a gut to bring home the bacon

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2007, 03:25:06 pm »
did you know the unemployed actually look down on us
call us the mugs for busting a gut to bring home the bacon
well if they can live on a shoe string have nice things in life on the dole fair play to them. Earning what most on the dole get in 2 weeks you can earn in a day (whos the mug)  ;D