Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

groundhog

Re: lady window cleaners
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 11:16:03 pm »
  It's only been a month and so far and I have 5 regular customers. 

Good luck Catmemy with your new venture! but I have got to say what have you been doing for the last month if you only have 5 customers? Deliver leaflets and knock on as many doors as you can to get your round up and running, I went from 0 customers to 120 customers in my first month!  :)

mark dew

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 11:44:52 pm »
Good luck Catmemy with your new venture! but I have got to say what have you been doing for the last month if you only have 5 customers? Deliver leaflets and knock on as many doors as you can to get your round up and running, I went from 0 customers to 120 customers in my first month!  :)

Groundhog, that is very good going. I'm feeling a bit ashamed of myself as it took me a year to get that many customers.
2 years later i haven't got much more, but the quality has improved alot.
Well done. You ain't the bloke from doorknockers are you?

catmemy

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 09:13:23 pm »
Thanks Groundhog for the best wishes.  I probably didn't expalin myself very well my 5 customers are x 2 domestic and 3 very nice and profitable commercial premisis and they are for cleaning and not window cleaning.  The reason I'm interested in window cleaning is that I'm being approached by people to give it a go and I don't want to miss an opportunity.

Regarding knocking on doors well I love it, no worries in me doing that at all.  I get the biggest kick though in walking into large offices and getting past the gate keeper.  Having been an excellent gatekeeper myself I know how to get past them.  Anyway, a mix up in the printers meant that it took me 2 weeks to get my business cards and flyers, but now I've got them there's no stopping me.  This afternoon I picked up another 2 domestic cleans from word of mouth so I'm well chuffed.

You did make me think though Groundhog, sounds like you hit the ground running, well done!  I think it would be an interesting topic for discussion to find out how many customers did you get in your first month?  why don't you start a new thread????  I'm new on here and not too confident in starting this off, I'm just reading and getting lots of support for experienced people on here. ---- THANKS!

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 09:19:21 pm »
Hi  This is my first post and I'm interested to know if it's possible for ladies to earn a good living cleaning windows.  I have a small domestic cleaning business and I'm getting asked all the time if I would clean windows outside on a regular basis.  My concern is I don't work as part timer or on a hobby pin money basis.  I need to earn as much money as I can.  I'm thinking of setting up a round on a small estate that I currently have a few domestic cleans on.  Honest replies welcomed from you knowledgeable lot out there please!
Go For it

Customers4u

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 10:33:20 am »
Hiya Mark,

I AM that bloke from Doorknockers, lol

When i built my round i took a month off to build the round, i told everyone that i would'nt be able to get to them for a month, i then went out 6 days a week, and set myself a target of 10 customers everyday, by the end of that month the round was built, about 250 customers at £10 a pop average clean.

Ok that first month was a struggle, but it really paid me back in the months that followed.

I was lucky, my area was not very well serviced with W/c so achieving the figures was fairly easy other areas will be harder of course.

Paul  :)
Window cleaning rounds built to your exact requirements