Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

williamx

Re: SLWCN Statement
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 06:30:48 pm »
From your figures it seems that the majority of window cleaners do not want a licence.

Why don't you instead campaign for an alternative, instead of multiple licences from every council, why don't you campaign for a nationally recognised certificate of competence.

The licence might be law, but laws can and are repealed.

david thomas

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 09:18:09 pm »
I had 6 licenses in Florida for my swimming pool business the local goverment did nothing for me but took my money why do all you Scotish people proud of having a license. your local councils use you as the guinea pig to rake in there revenue.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 10:04:53 pm »
Their was an enforcement officer here for about a year then the job disappeared
if their was someone or a body enforcing/policing w/cing and the licence covered all areas i wouldnt mind paying for it but i do mind just giving them my hard earned cash for doing nothing

From your figures it seems that the majority of window cleaners do not want a licence.

I dont think the majority dont want it they just dont want to pay for something that stops fair trade

Dean

DASERVICES

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 10:25:37 pm »
Dean's comments are what most licensed window cleaners feel about the licence. When the FED held a meeting with window cleaners in Scotland which was organised by Tom Kay and Davie Park both licensed and unlicensed window cleaners agreed that licensing was the way forward as long as it was run properly.

Hence the SLWCN was formed to work alongside Councils to help the licensed window cleaning industry.

We all begrudge paying the fee but if the Council ran it well it would raise our Industry. But that is still a long way.