Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

do you think we should have a licence to window clean?

yes
72.1%
31 (72.1%)
no
27.9%
12 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 43

ronnie paton

licence window cleaning in england
« on: August 21, 2007, 07:37:23 pm »
wot are your opinions? does it wrk in scotland? do you think it will help get rid of beer money window cleaners?do you think it will help make us seem more professional and help our prices rise?will our BUSINESSES be able to be worth more money when sold?

Re: licence window cleaning in england
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 07:44:05 pm »
I say no because its just another tax with no bennifits.

Stevie G

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 08:03:44 pm »
ronnie in a word YES.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 08:14:38 pm »
bring it on . maybe then the smack heads will go
where theres muck theres money

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 08:24:33 pm »
They have not up north so why will they down here.

ronnie paton

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 08:44:20 pm »
they will in time i would think the more its put in the publics eye.

It can only do us good, it surley would benifit legal window cleaners if it was done properly.

We would become more of a profesional trade instead of being percieved the way  we are.

i mean wen you see window cleaners on soaps were not percieved as proffesional at all.

There is supposed some thing like 260k window cleaners in uk with only bout 100k registered(my figuers may be slightly wrong) these that dont do it legally and properly have the advantage that they can clean windows tons cheaper.

And alough alot of people want quality the truth is the most want as cheap as they can get.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 09:57:59 pm »
totally agree with you ronnie . i drop on a cople of teams each week who work cheap & i no that 2 are heavy users of drugs . i pay my insurances & taxes so im all for a lience then we would maybe be looked on as proffesional. but its all down to the custy . they will employ who they want . but it iis time window cleaners were looked on as being more than a man / woman who wants his her beer   or drugs
where theres muck theres money

DASERVICES

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 10:16:11 pm »
Yes if controlled properly, where Councils enforce it to a degree prices are high, where not w/c struggle on low prices.

It is the best thing to improve the Industry and you will see prices rise, it has happened in my area where the dole guys have left leaving a shortage of window cleaners. Hence everyone is raising their prices.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 10:32:33 pm »
I haven't voted.
I'm not against licensing as such but it needs to be more carefully though through.

The items (IMO) that need to be thought through more are:-

the possible multiple charges for W/Cs who wish to cross boundaries - especially those who are based close to boundaries.

the possible reasons for having a license application declined.

the price.

the policing (who and how).

the amount of control that certain councils may wish to excercise (I've no wish to encourage a bunch of control freaks as they have too much petty power already (IMO).

Just a few thoughts to be going on with.

pjulk

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 11:45:53 pm »
I say No as i won't be enforced
Im not paying for something to just put more money in the councils pockets

Paul

archercleaningserv

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 11:56:41 pm »
NO,

we will pay more,especially to register & the scrounging  will ignore,

SO WASTE OF TIME ,   IN MY OPINION.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 06:05:08 am »
I like the idea in principle, but in practice it doesn't work, it isn't policed effectively in Scotland, so it's unlikely to be policed properly in England.

I also think shiner makes some very valid points too.

So it's a NO from me.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

pylofm

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 08:02:04 am »
Here in Holland window cleaning is considered an 'old' trade by the goverment and as such if you register your company as a window cleaning company you are additionally required to to pay around 120 pounds to an organistation that is supposed to look after our intrests...truth is your are required to pay it and as of yet I have not even recieved a postcard with hello written on it..never mind my intrests being looked after...had I chosen to state I was starting a cleaning compnay I would not have to pay this fee...

Its a fee....but just another way of being taxed....

Licencing like policing is only as good as it is enforced...

Dave.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 08:14:19 am »
i say yes,
but could it ever be policed/enforced?
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

steve m

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 09:12:12 am »
if you are a cleaning company would you have to be licenced, or would that be another way round it

DASERVICES

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 09:25:50 am »
Yes but the likes of Mitie, OCS , Initial do not and refuse to. Councils are aware of this in Scotland but soon things will change and it will hit them the most.

lee_dewing

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 10:15:00 am »
sorry didn't have time to read everyone replies,
NO.

in a word; because it will not be policed,
so it will not remove the fair weather doing a bit on the side mob.
why should i go out and pay for  something else, i might as well do it on the side praps i get a good living!
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Helen

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 12:34:41 pm »
so many pro's and cons here. If I could be sure 100% my local council would oversee it correctly and the general public were to report the unlicensed to the council, then it would be good for the industry. I have an unrelated issue going with the local council, which is to do with property safety and the general publics h & S and they don't want to know, so why would they bother with policing WC's, so yes for all the reasons given by others and no for all the reasons given by others ;D staying firmly on that fence sorry!!