Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TVCS

Pole size and weight
« on: August 22, 2007, 09:27:47 pm »
Hello guys.
Had a nice big quote to do this morning.  A very big georgian place 3 storey and very posh.  We talking over £100 a visit.  A small problem is that I think my biggest pole is only a mere 24ft.  I think that we are talking 30ft + for some of the windows.
Now I don't fancy hiring a big tripple section ladder as that height gives me the willies so I am looking into buying a new pole.  Lighter the better and funds are a bit tight at the moment so if anyone here can recommend a good (lightish) and not too exspensive pole all imput would be greatly received. 
Thanks
ANT
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

NWH

Re: Pole size and weight
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 09:31:26 pm »
If you had a carbon facelift 34ft it would be ideal for that job by the sounds of it,you could then remove 2 sections for your everyday work.That`s the thing about the facelift pole the sections just pull out in seconds to reduce to the size you need,or vice versa.

Alex Gardiner

Re: Pole size and weight New
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 09:43:47 pm »
The Facelift is a good pole but it will cost you about £720 with a brush (+VAT).  It is 3.08 kg in weight and has an actual length of 31' 5".  If your funds really are tight and you want a fairly light pole, then the 31ft Fibre Glass X-Tel is about your best bet.  It is a bit more flexible than a Universal pole but it is a lot lighter.

Pole.......Sections........Extended Length............Weight (Length and Weight of pole sections only)

31ft.........7x4'9"...............31' 4" ...................................3.15kg

Base section diameter = 42mm

They are about £155 including the brush.  Everyone is out of stock of them at the moment (including ourselves) but they should be back in stock in a couple of weeks.  If you have a bit more money to spend and you do not want to wait, then the Hybrid version (Carbon Fibre and Glass Fibre mix) is as follows:

Pole.......Sections........Extended Length............Weight (Length and Weight of pole sections only)

31ft.........7x4' 6"...............31' 4".........................2.8 kg

Base section diameter = 42mm

The price of this is about £320 including the brush and most suppliers have these in stock.

TVCS

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 09:49:00 pm »
Cheers for the replies guys.  Need to sit down and work out how much I can spend.  Thanks to my town being flooded three times this summer things are a bit grim financially speaking. 
Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 10:05:56 pm »
Alex

Can you remove sections on the X-Tel poles?

Simon.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 10:15:56 pm »
Not during use.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 10:25:01 pm »
Not during use.

So could you buy a longer pole and remove sections for a day with lower level stuff and then put them back on another day when you need them?

NWH

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 10:33:05 pm »
I don`t think there really designed to be used in this way,you can remove a section yes,but it`s only normally done because it`s damaged.

SherwoodCleaningSe

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 10:49:54 pm »
I've heard a lot of talk about featherlight setups using modified fishing poles. Very cheap too. Might be worth a google search or a look on the diy forum?

Count Phil

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 08:00:21 am »
While were at it, is the base section of the 24 hybrid 46mm? That seems the same as the bigger one with more sections??

Alex Gardiner

Re: Pole size and weight New
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 08:59:42 am »
Hi there guys, sorry about that.  It should read 34 mm for the 24 ft Hybrid.  I'd read my chart wrong.