Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

danny mckim

Has this happened to you
« on: August 20, 2007, 02:44:30 pm »
For the second time in three years someone has tried collecting my round. The last guy 3 years ago collected lots of houses in the area which alot of windowcleaners were not happy about. It made the papers and the guy was eventually jailed for 6 months. Last week someone leafleted one of my newly built estate with leaflets saying DANNYS WINDOWCLEANING SERVICES, WINDOWS CLEANED TODAY. CALL BACK LATER. Maybe it was bad luck on my part that Danny is also my name, but after cleaning the estate and going back to collect some customers mentioned that someone had also tried to collect there as well. This just brings loads of hassle, also customers are told only to pay when im there. So why do some still pay these a******s

Danny

Helen

Re: Has this happened to you
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 05:00:31 pm »
yes it has a long while ago and was one of the major reasons we STOPPED collecting.  Our custies were good enough though to know when they were being conned and told the guy where to go! Except for one who fell for it and paid the both of us!Leave addressed envelopes for people to send cheques and explain that you have now stopped collecting due to safety and security issues for both them and yourself and should anyone knock and ask for payment, then they should not pay and phone you to let you know! Perhaps change your trading name to DM cleaning or something. Just imagine if you had collected a load of payments in and this person or persons were following you and mugged you....stop collecting today ;D

Count Phil

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 05:04:45 pm »
I can't agree more, don't collect. Leave an envelope. It works for all my customers. Just tell them in a nice letter or face to face. Your invoice will be unique to you, so if anyone pushes their own through with danny's whatever on, they will know it isn't you.

Sorted. All evenings are now yours once more!!

Helen

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 05:07:29 pm »
how i miss those long evenings specially in the winter, knocking doors and ringing bells and trying to smile as you hear for the 100th time I haven't got any money, do you take cheques!!!!!!.......................NOT ;D

DASERVICES

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 05:41:42 pm »
Report it to Renfrewshire Council, they need to know that there are bogus window cleaners targeting licensed window cleaners. Here is the link :- http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/ilwwcm/publishing.nsf/Content/cs-dm-licensing-feedback-form

The SLWCN have already reported a few things to Renfrew Council and copied the Scottish Executive. To date no reply, the Council are walking a tight rope, can't they see they are being watched ???

Bertie Boo

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 07:50:29 pm »
"This just brings loads of hassle, also customers are told only to pay when im there. So why do some still pay these a******s"

Maybe, if its like me in my last 2 houses, i wouldnt recognise the window cleaner from Adam  :-[ :-[ :-[ I could never recall what they looked like.

In both cases he worked for other neighbours and i was always out working when he called the next-door neighbours would sometimes pay him for me (and i would pay them back of course!). But on the occasions where the bell has rung of an evening i have just paid whoever called. In both cases we always had a note to say that the window cleaner had called to clean earlier, but never teh less i could have been handing money over to anyone.

The guy i have at this house does many houses on my road on a sunday which suites me as i am always in. Trouble is he only comes when he feels like it.  :(

Stephen