Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SonOfFormby

O.K. so now I'm confused!!
« on: August 15, 2007, 08:11:22 pm »
So,I need a van,I know that much!! but the kits I have been looking at have an 'in-van' RO system(man I have never used so many inverted commas since joining this site,please believe me I don't use that hand gesture ever in life!!).Anyway,what I want to do is have wash system in van,and have the RO and 1000ltr tank in the shed at home,so my question is what is the difference between 'in-van'(dam did it again)and permanent 'at home' DOH...... RO systems,or are they the same thing just in different places.Probably a real simple question to answer,but I am very green,and am starting this new career in just over 2 weeks(3rd Sept to be exact),so am stressing somewhat,not worried about the actual job,but a great weight will be lifted once I have the van and equipment in place to do the job.

Thanks

Lee

SherwoodCleaningSe

Re: O.K. so now I'm confused!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:25:25 pm »
If you have an "in-van" Ro it means that you have to connect your van to the mains water to fill up every night, will take a few hours.  You can have a static ro system at home that will produce water and store it in a tank even when your not at home and then pump the water from the static tank to you van tank in a few minuets.

Ro's work best static, but van systems have the advantage that if you are out on the road and run out and can get to a supply of water you can fill up whilst you work.

Simon.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 09:38:40 pm »
you will be better off static and using a transfer pump this way you can use your motor whenever you need and it only takes 10 minutes to fill your container in your motor i use a drill transfer pump saves me a lot of time
where theres muck theres money

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 09:51:19 pm »
If your confused you want to have had the talks I have on the phone about systems today, do I spend 10k on top  system or 4ish k on a cheaper one, the cheaper one being just that.  buy better van system spend less on the van, or go for a cheaper van system to start and get a better van.....  then buy the expensive one down the line... my brain is mashed........HELP

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 09:56:55 pm »
Daveshaw, yes you are correct. I mentioned the option of filling straight onto the van to save him having to buy the holding tank and transfer pump just yet when his funds are obviously tight.
vg where is the best place to get van mount allin ?

mark dew

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 10:09:49 pm »
There is no point i think in having a RO in your van because you will need to buy a much more expensive RO to produce what you need on the go, than you would save
if you didn't buy a water tank for home and a submersible pump.
If you ever find you are running out then you just upgrade to a larger tank or carry extra barrels.
Whichever 1 you go for, you could always take out or put in shed or van if you like.
The only difference really between a van system and a home system is price. It will be the same equipment just different location.

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 10:35:14 pm »
Agree with everything said.

I don't know where to get tank fitted. My 400l has the bulk head one side and two by two screwed to the floor on all the others. Thats it.
Use plenty of screws. ;D

Seriously just buy the bloody thing someone local will fit it. I think lay flat is better than upright but i'm no expert. Ask me about making money.
I am trying to only one company have called me, does no other company like making money lol, maybe I should go into that line of work

craig jwc

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 10:44:50 pm »
What is your TDS from the tap?  If it's low enough you might get away with just a DI bottle.

I'm lucky enough to have a low TDS so just fill the van with tapwater in the evening and the DI bottle in the van brings it down to 000 as i'm working.

Craig

mark dew

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 10:45:15 pm »
Cleantech and others sell the metal fixings for water tanks to bolt to the floor.
Once you have these, any local garage that does more than sell petrol will be able to bolt the frame to the floor.
I got mine done locally for £80.

http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_25&products_id=90

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 11:17:20 pm »
i am defo in hard water area.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 02:31:18 pm »
You can buy 5 ton (massive!!!) ratchet straps for £24 a pair delivered.

6inch x 15mm eyebolts about £2 each.

Metal plates can be made from scrap steel plate (at least 5mm thick)  Cost a few pounds and a bit of time cutting and drilling.

If the strap hooks won't go through the eyebolt, D shackles are about £2-£3 each.

Fitting the bolts is a case of crawling under the van and choosing a suitable bit of chassis to drill through.

Total cost less than £50 and about a mornings work.

Cheers,

Ian

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 04:35:42 pm »
my 500ltr tank is fitted with steel fittings through the floor and lorry straps designed to take 5 tonnes holding the tank down. The tank is also right next to the bulkhead so it cant gain any momentum into the cab. Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

brightnclean

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 05:42:11 pm »
my 500ltr tank is fitted with steel fittings through the floor. The tank is also right next to the bulkhead so it cant gain any momentum into the cab. Luke

Ya wanna bet about that Luke?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 05:54:52 pm »
well if it is butted against the bulkhead how can it gain momentum in a forward direction?Momentum requires movement, if it can't physicaly move then it can't gain any momentum. Momentum consists of two elements, mass and velocity. The tank has mass but has very little velocity because of the baffles. Velocity requires space or distance, something cant gain velocity unless it has space to do so. So even if the straps did come loose ( which they won't, I hope! ) the tank does not have any distance to gain velocity or momentum. on the other hand the tank could gain momentum in the oposite direction, towards the doors ( if the straps brake ), Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 06:04:04 pm »
Luke to be honest mate my tank is bolted to the chassis and i`m still not 100% happy with that,at the end of the day it`s only held in place by bolts.A welded 2" wide bar across the bulkhead would make me feel better, but if your only doing local driving i couldn`t see any problems.

brightnclean

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 06:27:46 pm »
In collisions at 30 MPH forces of 40 to 50G are routinely generated.

A 500 litre tank can almost instantly suddenly weigh up to 25 tonnes..  OK thats it.. I,m gonna buy a couple of cheiftain tanks to put me water in..  lol :)

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 06:36:37 pm »
my 500ltr tank is fitted with steel fittings through the floor and lorry straps designed to take 5 tonnes holding the tank down. The tank is also right next to the bulkhead so it cant gain any momentum into the cab. Luke

So your tank will always be full to the top?

What about the movement of water? Even baffeled the water still moves.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2007, 07:27:56 pm »
These videos show why you need to have your tank secured.  Trouble with straps is that they may take the weight, but will the point that they are strapped to take the weight.

http://www.ionicsystems.com/english/index.html    then click on safety

On the plus side, if you did have an accident and the tank wasn't secured you probably wouldn't know about it.

Simon.