Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

soapy

Commercial Window Cleaning
« on: August 21, 2007, 03:07:53 pm »
Im looking to expand my commercial side of my business (i.e office blocks, blocks of flats, Factorys , etc.)
Has anybody had experiance pricing and touting for this kind of work ?
Any advice would be useful.
Thanks Soapy.  8)
Soapy window cleaner

nat

Re: Commercial Window Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 03:36:27 pm »
GOOD LUCK SOAPY THAT INFORMATION SEEMS TO BE VERY TIGHTLIP ROUND HERE!! :-X

i have found that by a combination of telephone canvassing, sending relevant information about your company, building relationships then being recommended to other branches, advertising on yell.com has all been quite successful for me.

I found it to be a pure numbers game and that the more you approach/contact the more interest and visits you will get, it can also be a very long drawn out process waiting for tenders and cancallations to take place, i have found that it can be a full time job chasing these but very rewarding...hope this makes sense?

Mike_G

Re: Commercial Window Cleaning
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 03:52:16 pm »
Best advice I can offer is when you are on your travels keep an eye on any recently let buildings and pop in when you see signs of life and ask about windows, you may get lucky and also whilst on your travels if you see somewhere with very dirty windows pop in and ask if they need a window cleaner, it may be they are too tight or the last guy jacked and they have not got round to getting another.