Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

Re: some advice
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 11:05:37 pm »
and then fade away ,

just like the post. Good job you quoted it for all to see. :D

the post above it has it aswell :)

i just dont like to let these people think i havent seen it :) afterall im sure he would have wanted a reply to post, oh hang on, he then deleted it ?? ?? ??, i guess he didnt want a reply   ::) ::)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 06:30:24 am »
right i have a fairly compact round, i park the car once and it stays put, i return to it for new 25 L barrels and lunch, i clean most houses in the roads i do

now im thinking of a van

whats the score, i guess i would have to move the van every other house, otherwise i will have hoses trailing all up the street

also, what about people tripping over hoses ?? ??

what do you do ?? ??

On compact work, I tend to move the van more than when I used ladders or trolley only.  I use a longer piece of hose from the van mount to the reel so I can span the footpath with the hose piece.  I then cover it with a piece of rubber matting (sometimes two pieces on a very wide footpath.  I can usually do three houses from this if I position the reel by the middle house.  When I move the van I just unplug the hose piece from the van, move the van, then I reel in the hose and walk it along and then move the mat.  It's no great hassle really.  I've even spanned the hose piece across a road before if it's a light traffic area but lay the mats on the road in case the hose piece gets caught up in car wheels.

matt

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 08:29:47 am »
right i have a fairly compact round, i park the car once and it stays put, i return to it for new 25 L barrels and lunch, i clean most houses in the roads i do

now im thinking of a van

whats the score, i guess i would have to move the van every other house, otherwise i will have hoses trailing all up the street

also, what about people tripping over hoses ?? ??

what do you do ?? ??

On compact work, I tend to move the van more than when I used ladders or trolley only.  I use a longer piece of hose from the van mount to the reel so I can span the footpath with the hose piece.  I then cover it with a piece of rubber matting (sometimes two pieces on a very wide footpath.  I can usually do three houses from this if I position the reel by the middle house.  When I move the van I just unplug the hose piece from the van, move the van, then I reel in the hose and walk it along and then move the mat.  It's no great hassle really.  I've even spanned the hose piece across a road before if it's a light traffic area but lay the mats on the road in case the hose piece gets caught up in car wheels.

thanks for the advice