Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brightnclean

? For Lance TUCKER or anyone who has a Fiat Doblo
« on: August 12, 2007, 09:14:25 am »
Lance.. or anyone else :)

I am growing my business fast and looking to get a good small van fitted out with a 400 litre sys for purely domestic work. Was talking to Andrew McCann @ Purefreedom the other day and he reckons the Fiat Doblo Cargo is the dogs danglies. Your name was dropped into the convo Lance. I must say I like the spec on them. Good payload, plenty of load space for a small van and I hear they are very good to drive with a decent load onboard.

One thing Andrew mentioned was the 2 side door variant being really usefull. What do you or anyone who has one reckon to them?

Any replies would be really usefull coz I want to get a move on with this.

Cheers!!  :)

julianbiggs

Re: ? Foir Lance Armtsrong or anyone who has a Fiat Doblo
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 09:41:59 am »
I agree we have a 52 plate 1.9 jtd sx with the two sliding doors and it is a great little van. Having side access as well as rear access makes a huge difference. One down side is we changed the wheels for some decent alloys which are wider and we seem to be going through tyres very quickly. Will probably swap them back to the originals.

neil100

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 10:09:54 am »
They are a great little van. If you are wfp only you dont need the side doors. Heres a pic of my sons van which is for sale, but it looks like I have a buyer for it.

The van is on a 56 plate, less then a year old with less then 2,500 miles covered. In perfect condtion with warranty and fully kitted out for wfp with a stainless steel frame round a layflat 400ltr tank.

You wont find a better fitted system for the price anywhere unless you steal one.

Its a 1.3D muiltiejet engine, simply superb and so so refined. Superb to drive and work from, Have a look at the pics for an idea.

Nel

brightnclean

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 10:34:44 am »
Thanks for the input so far guys!!  :)

Nice system there Nel.  Had things been different I would be knocking your door down to try and buy it from you mate. My prob is that where the van is going to be based there is no room for a large water storage tank for transfer into the 400 ltr tank so Pure freedom will be fitting up a 40 inch RO sys with full auto cut off and outside filling ports for me.  We are not exclusively WFP as well so I am pretty set on the 2 x side door version. I hear there is a bit of a waiting list for them though  :(

neil100

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 10:50:41 am »
Hi birghtnclean.

Have you checked motorpoint for a price.

When we loooked they where the cheapest in the country with the sx version which as the twin sliding doors.

I would recommend not putting a 4040 ro system in the van, If you have the room at home, ie garage or shed.Buy a 1000 ltr IBC storage tank( second hand for £30.00 ) then just pump it across with a submersible pump and 1" hose. Your 400ltr tank will be full in 5 mins.

The 4040 ro systems are very heavy when filled with water including pre filters, You will likely go over your max gross weight or break your axle weight depending on how they put the system in the van.

If you use microbore hose their is no need to drill extra holes in the floor as their is plenty of room round the  door seals to lock the doors when useing hose.

Nel.

brightnclean

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 11:05:36 am »
Cheers for the pointer towards Motorpoint Nel  :)

I am just about to start troliing the net for prices so that will help a lot.

I am afraid I am stuck without a storage tank where this van will be based. Its a good drive form my place where I do have a 1000 ltr IBC and sub pump set-up which is ideal for me.

I know what you mean about "Axle weight" limit. Each axle has its own max load which is why it will be almost identical to your set up  IE a 400 flat. I,ve done my homework and I am fine mate.  :)  Thanks for the input though. It is very much appreciated.

neil100

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 11:13:28 am »
Clearnbright,

If your looking on the internet try this,

www.thevanwebsite.co.uk

If your buying type the model in the left handside then the website will supply you with all the best offers on the net.

Nel

brightnclean

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 11:24:41 am »
WOW!!!

Cheers Nel!!!

Ur a star mate!!!   ;D 
I owe u one  ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 11:27:21 am »
The 4040 ro systems are very heavy when filled with water including pre filters, You will likely go over your max gross weight or break your axle weight depending on how they put the system in the van.
Simple, get a decent sized van.
You don't want anything as piddly as a Doblo.

What if you employ someone and have two lots of kit?
What if you need a bigger tank?
Get something bigger and it allows for expansion.

brightnclean

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 11:45:40 am »
Errmmm  Thanks for the input Squeaky.

I have every good reasons for not getting a bigger van in this instance.

I already have 2 bigger ones and can see where ur coming from mate.

I could have a vehicle the size of a petrol tanker but I,m still stuck with no room for a holding tank. Room is at a premium where this van will be based so it HAS to be filled up from a tap overnight.

There are other reasons but I prefer not to go into them here  :)  ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 12:02:09 pm »
I already have 2 bigger ones and can see where ur coming from mate.

There are other reasons but I prefer not to go into them here  :)  ;)
Fair enough mate, I didn't realise.

Count Phil

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 01:00:19 pm »
I've got one and its great to drive and comfy. I have two sliding doors and recommend them. Its surprising how often you us them when you have them.

But only modular poles fit inside! I will get bigger next time.

Spruce

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 01:10:33 pm »
Simple, get a decent sized van.

You don't want anything as piddly as a Doblo.

What if you employ someone and have two lots of kit?
What if you need a bigger tank?
Get something bigger and it allows for expansion.

Squeaky's right!

My son insisted on me kitting out an 800kg Berlingo with 500litre tank. In my opinion the van too small to put his poles, fold up step ladders and cleaning kit requirements inside. If we want to work together out of the same van there is no room for a second WFP hose etc.

Go bigger.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 04:57:23 pm »
I got my Doblo 1.3 cargoSX (payload 736kg) new from Vansdirect.

My set up is almost exactly the same as Neil's pictures (400L) except I've got some trad gubbins as well.

I think it's the best van for a 400L system. But ...

For me that's fine, but a 2 man team would need at least 650 and a Fiat Scudo.

Plusses - cheap road tax, 44mpg round town, as it's GVW is 2000kg it can be used at car speeds legally. (The 1.9 cannot) Can park on custy's drives easily.

Minuses - no real room for expansion in size of system (maybe an upright 500L tank if I was really careful about other weight carried).

Would I get another? If it was just me and staying that way yes. But I think I will go Scudo next as I've a family and the third seat would be useful if the car is off the road.

I think my ideal van would be about the size of a Transit connect with 3 seats (they don't do one) and a payload of 900kg with a 650 tank!

BTW - I thought Lance Armstrong was a champion cyclist!
It's a game of three halves!

brightnclean

Re: ? For Lance TUCKER or anyone who has a Fiat Doblo
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 05:42:24 pm »
DOH!!!

Yes Lance Armstrong is a cyclist and I,m a twit!!!  Duly mofified now   :-[  :-[  :-[  :o  :o

tacky

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 08:41:00 pm »
i think he olso plays the trumpet n sings .     or is that louis .

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 09:32:36 pm »
That'll be Neil Armstrong.

No, hang on...

tacky

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 10:10:23 pm »
no thats the midget arm wreastler .kneel arm strong

steve m

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 09:33:01 am »
I use a vauxhall combo. Get it with the uprated springs and you can pupt a 500ltr tank, plus all goodies and still have enough for driver and passenger.

get the duelfuel version and save on road tax and any congestion charges as well, plus two side loading doors as standard