Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pat Purcell

Window Cleaning, Dangerous?
« on: August 11, 2007, 03:38:28 pm »
Following a news story about how dangerous mining is I checked where window cleaning made it on the list of most dangerous jobs, Its not in the top 100 in the US
http://healthresources.caremark.com/topic/window
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Pat Purcell

Re: Window Cleaning, Dangerous?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 08:21:58 pm »
Unusual for you to start a topic Pat.

If some of those miners could be gotten out alive it would be fantastic. I'm sure we've all thought about them.

My Grandafther was caught in a cave in and had a nervous break down after ( they didn't call it that then). He wasn't trapped for long but he didn't have room to expand his chest.

If anyone will give the rescue everything they've got it's the Yanks. Good luck.
Its not often I find anything interesting enough to post TBH
I thought it was strange that Window Cleaning wasn't in the top 100, partky I believe because we don't do nearly as much ladder work as you lads and partly because good trade ladders are not that expensive, That new ladder buy back program that was started over there is a great idea ,
Same thing as your grandfather happened during the big earthquake in San Francisco where the highway collapsed , They pulled a guy out after a couple of days and he said the worst thing was he couldn;t breathe properly from something sitting on his chest
About a year later he had a breakdown and committed suicide
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland