Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: Types of customers that are a pain
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 12:06:27 pm »
Customers who come out with a cup of tea to talk, and drink the tea infront of you without offering you any.
and ones who wait till you're finishe dbefore offering you a drink or to come talk to you - got stuck talking to an old lady for half an hour the other day after spending 20 minutes cleaninger her windows - couldnt get away cos she always had something more to say and didnt give us a chance to talk.

I've one like this - yakety yak yak yak yak yak - last time, after 5 mins I said  "Ooh! Is that my phone in the van, gotta go - see ya!"

Works and doesn't hurt their feelings. ;)

I don't know if I should add this but I've actually found that about half a dozen of my customers from a certain ethnic background (no races/nationalities mentioned, no pack drill!) are real pains in that they don't pay on time and often try to get lower prices. Maybe they're used to haggling in market places? ;D
It's a game of three halves!

mark dew

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 03:12:11 pm »
Customers who come out with a cup of tea to talk, and drink the tea infront of you without offering you any.
and ones who wait till you're finishe dbefore offering you a drink or to come talk to you - got stuck talking to an old lady for half an hour the other day after spending 20 minutes cleaninger her windows - couldnt get away cos she always had something more to say and didnt give us a chance to talk.

I've one like this - yakety yak yak yak yak yak - last time, after 5 mins I said  "Ooh! Is that my phone in the van, gotta go - see ya!"

Works and doesn't hurt their feelings. ;)

I don't know if I should add this but I've actually found that about half a dozen of my customers from a certain ethnic background (no races/nationalities mentioned, no pack drill!) are real pains in that they don't pay on time and often try to get lower prices. Maybe they're used to haggling in market places? ;D

It sounds like you are talking about indians and pakistanis.... ;D ;D ;D
It's just their way. But however they appear to us, they are much more hardcore when dealing with themselves. Bless!!  ;D

pjulk

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 10:46:03 pm »
I hate customers who want you to clean on a certain day luckily they a now all gone.

Also the one's who want a ring the night before luckily they are all now gone.

The rest are ok but some are a pain in the arse in the nice weather think you have all day to chat to them in the garden.

Roll on the winter when they stay inside

Paul

clearview cleaning

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 09:05:46 pm »
The ones who never answer the door because they have no money and you know they are in, I would prefer that they open the door and be honest. ???

That has to be in the top ten! Or the new customer who puts house on the market after the first clean!

Pole2pole

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 09:11:08 pm »
Youve been there too.have ya??? If i had a penny everytime that happened. That's gotta nark me more than anything  >:(